“Chinese Buffet!”

Ming's Asian Bistro
Ranked #24 of 42 Restaurants in Houghton
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: At Ming's Asian Bistro, we offer an all-you-can-eat buffet and as well made-to-order traditional Chinese cuisine, both with dine-in and take-out options. Our mission is to keep our guests pleased by creating an inviting and clean atmosphere. We take pride in using only the freshest and tastiest ingredients served by enthusiastic employees whose top priority is customer satisfaction.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place offers either a menu or a decent, very reasonably priced, all you can eat buffet. I generally hate buffets, but the price was right. It is located in a newish business area across the road from Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

I wouldn't use this as the location of anything more formal, though I think it could work. The buffet is a great value, and I wouldn't want people to think that I always eat that way!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good buffet with a lot of selection, ever for vegetarian. The place was fairly cleann,. Buffet has good starters, variety of good chineese main cource and good desserts

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We first ate here in 2007 and enjoyed the wide variety and fresh, hot entrees. In the past two years, this place has rapidly declined. My kids had often asked to eat there, due to the wide variety and we keep "giving it another chance." Well, not after the last experience where nearly 1/2 of the buffet items were nowhere near warm, and all were loaded with so much MSG, the family was up half the night with crazy nightmares and upset stomachs. I had heard that it was better to order off their menu, but after our recent experiences, there is no way I'd return (or recommend anyone else to, either). The tables are sticky and greasy and the entire restaurant appears to be coated in a film of grime.

1  Thank cjcolorado12
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I tried the buffet and the food was cold and the flavor was very poor. Also tried ordering off the menu and the food was no better. The cashew chicken was cold, there were no cashews and the meat was so tough that I could not eat it. Foor the quailty of the food they are way over priced.

1  Thank FMCerne
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Never go there! yes, I said never go there! If you have some extra bucks then go and drop them into Portage lake but don't waste them into this place. Food is terrible. I had diareah(I don't really care if I misspelled) after having food from this place! Which cost me additional $ for buying some extra toilet tissues!!

So, don't go there!!