“Beautiful scenery, loved the boardwalk”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nara Nature Park

Nara Nature Park
Madison, WI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery, loved the boardwalk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My friends and I walked the boardwalk, which was across the street from the larger portion of the Nature Park. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous and the boardwalk made it easy to navigate, although one portion was a bit slanted to the side--would have been difficult for those in a wheelchair. I was disappointed to discover that the portion near the end of the walk had been vandalized--many of the boards had been removed and thrown to the side. My friend speculates it may have been vandals searching for copper nails, which were missing (but the boards were not removed from the property). I hope this section is repaired soon, because the best views are at the end of the walk (I managed with my balancing skills on the remaining boards to make it to the end of the walk). The boardwalk path can be done in under one hour. I imagine the other section of Nara Park would require two hours or more...

Visited August 2013
3 Thank lbeth353

Kalamazoo
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great bike riding and sight seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We picked up the bike path at MTU and followed it down to Nara. We stopped off at the local bar and had lunch and then did some more sight seeing in the Preserve.

Visited July 2013
Laurium, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“cute lil walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

just a fun lil hike just outside city limits..enjoy nature of the houghton area it its best right at home

Visited July 2012
Houghton, Michigan, Usa
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A regular nice walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I go for a stroll and take our grandkids along several times a year. Nothing spectacular, but a nice walk, relaxing, and a good start before heading down the hiking/biking trail.

Visited October 2012
Lafayette, Louisiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Beautiful habitat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This place is close to Michigan Tech's campus, and I used to love heading down the road to visit (there's a bike path that takes you along the portage to it). There's a pretty extensive boardwalk that takes you through beautiful marshland, and it's especially nice in fall. Worth a stop.

Visited November 2011