“Great Brews”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 26, 2013

No food here but excellent brews. Definitely worth a stop when in town. Sample any beer, or try a flight. Great beer names relating to the local history.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The beer is great and very reasonable. I believe the only food served here are peanuts. Pints were $2.50. Neat old building. A great outdoor seating area behind the building on the channel side.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

and you can order pizza from next door and have it delivered. Unique place. Nice fireplace area, great atmosphere, and even better beer.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped here when we stayed in Hancock for the GUTS tournament. Let me start off by saying that Im not a big fan of beer out of cans so I dont often try KBCs beers at home but on tap was another story.

We got there 40 minutes before close and the bar tender graciously allowed us to order several beers. I think the most unique quality about KBC is their beers are VERY drinkable. While they do lack some of the complexities that I normally enjoy, they do give okay flavor to each style while keeping it light and refreshing. I thought their best beer was their stout on nitro, which was fairly thin to the taste still even but really good. It's becoming more common for breweries to throw a porter or stout on nitro and they've certainly kept with the trends.

I think the best thing about this place is $2.50 pints. I dont know how they can make much money considering over head and other costs at this price. For average-slightly above average beer, Im happy to pay $2.50 a pint at the brewery.

Neat atmosphere, good out door seating and reasonable prices will bring me back here next year.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

WOW! What a great place. I wish they were open later but they close at 10pm. The beer selection is great and if you need food the pizza place around the corner will bring their pizza to you.

The price of the beer cannot be beat either. I believe I paid $10 for 4 beers one night and would have spent more if they had not closed when they did. Living in NYC and LA this price was just too good to pass up. If I am ever in the UP again I am getting there much earlier so I can experience this place again.