“good fish”

Joey's Seafood and Grill
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Houghton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I like fish more than shellfish. Here it is very fresh and tasty, especially the never frozen lake trout, walleye, and whitefish right out of adjacent lake superior. Prices moderate/relaxed atmosphere w good service

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Vistited Joey's last week when we were in town for the race and was pleasantly suprised. The fish and chips was excellent as was the chowder. I will defintely return next year!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place was just what we were looking for. The staff wears some cheesy, yet vibrant uniforms, but that in no way detracted from how friendly and attentive they were. Our waitress was very friendly and upbeat. This place has a flow to it that makes it obvious they know what they're doing. We waited less than 15 minutes for our food, which was impressive considering they were fairly busy. I had the Asian Sesame Salmon and my wife had the fish and chips. Both of us really enjoyed our meal. Our waitress kept us in drink and checked on us regularly to make sure we were happy. Great food, great service, very fair price. I would recommend. Again, it seems a bit cheesy at first, but you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

First timer to Houghton - great food, reasonable prices and fantastic server. I tries the fish, coconut shrimp & calamari. I don't like pepper at all so wasn't totally in love with the calamari but the texture, was good. All else was excellent!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

They serve a variety of fresh seafood and steaks. The steaks were good, the seafood was not as good as I expected, though the hushpuppies were delicious. The wait staff was helpful and friendly and prompt. Drinks were cold. I would not recommend eating here if you want a meal of good seafood.