“Tasty food and great service”

Rock House Grille and Tavern
Ranked #29 of 41 Restaurants in Houghton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual
South Range, Michigan
“Tasty food and great service”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Tasty food, great service AND great prices. They serve typical bar and grill food, and make it better than any other I've tasted. Seasonings, presentation, portions, all great. I will go back again and again. Their pizza is fantastic and their salads are huge and delicious. Service is friendly, fast and not overbearing. You won't be sorry if you give Rock House Grill and Tavern a try; and I bet you'll be back.
As for the amenities typically listed here - I have no idea whether they have them or not. I was interested in a good economical meal and I found that.

• Visited December 2012

Algonac
“Steaks”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I forgot to post something when we were in Houghton during October for the Lake Superior Performance Rally.

I normally do not order steak, but when I walked in the door the fragrance of beef grilling would not allow me to think of anything else. I ordered the teriyaki steak (filet) with a side of sweet potato fries. The steak was so tender you could have cut it with a butter knife...and the taste was fantastic.

Great place to eat and the waitstaff was fantastic, too.

• Visited October 2012
“The Rock House Rocks!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We found this place advertising in a motorcycle magazine and thought we would give it a shot. There was a total of 7 of us in our group and they accomidated us with no problems. Everything was totally awesome. From the Friday Night Fish Fry to the homemade pizza. Can't wait for our next motorcycle trip up there so we can stop by again.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“What a Unique Place”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a huge place with a varied menu. What we ordered was great! The waitstaff was attentive and the food arrived in a timely manner!

Visited October 2012
Iron Mountain
“A Pleasant All Around Experience!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was visiting some family in the Houghton area and they had a birthday party held at the RockHouse. We were seated in a very private room off to the side of the gaming area. It was decorated very nice and fit us all comfortably. It was nice being away from the rest of the restaurant so that we could have our private party and still enjoy the games afterwards. A waitress came in a little after we got there and got us our drinks. We got to order straight off the menu and the BBQ pulled pork sandwich was out of this world! One of the best I've had!

After eating our delicious meal we decided to go bowling. It was so fun! There were music videos playing at the end of the lanes and there were so many lanes we didn't have any trouble getting in. I'm from a much larger area than Houghton but this restaurant and entertainment center has it all. I was really inpressed. This type of establishment with the service quality would be so welcomed in my community. Houghton is lucky to have this type of attraction! Will visit again in my future travels up north!

• Visited July 2012