“disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
dublin
“disappointing”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Sunday evening, and there were only about 6 cars in the lot. there was about a five minute wait for the hostess to show up and finally seat us. The soup was outstanding, and we probably should have stopped there. The spinach salad was mostly limp spinach rather than fresh appearing. The waitress did not know much about either the beers or the entrees. Specifically, she did not know the difference between the two fish entrees on the menu, or what type of seasoning was on them. The fish I ended up getting was somewhat fishy tasting for a fresh white fish. Overall, OK but would not go back.

• Visited July 2013

Bangor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dinner and Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I just had a great dinner at the Pilgrim River Steakhouse. When we arrived the hostess was extra accommodating and went out of her way to make sure we had the best table possible. I ordered the Salmon Salad and Turkey Noodle Soup and both were delicious. My husband had a steak dinner and it was cooked perfectly.Our waitress was a pro in very way. Topping it all off, the atmosphere was super comfortable and inviting!

• Visited June 2013
Calumet, Michigan
“Disappointing dinner experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I eat here fairly often for lunch and find it has an acceptable lunch menu. Not a bad place for a burger and fries or a spinach salad. But the couple of times recently I've been here for dinner I have found it very disappointing. The service was excellent but the food was pitiful.

I had a salmon salad which literally looked like it was thrown into the bowl. The salmon was some small scraps of dried out salmon that were nearly tasteless. There were five mandarin orange pieces, slivered almonds, some slices of red onion, some decent Romaine lettuce, and a watery vinegrette so tasteless I couldn't even tell if there was vinegar in it. Not worth the 12 bucks.

My dining partner had very small cup of decent clam chowder, a rather sad looking Caesar dinner salad, decent rice, and a horrible ribeye steak so gristly and tasteless as to make your grocery store steak seem positively luxurious. So not worth the 21 bucks. I had a steak for dinner there a while back and had exactly the same experience. A man at a table next to us sent his rare steak back (he did not order it rare) while my dining partner ate his well-done steak having ordered it medium rare. Remember, this is supposed to be a steakhouse.

They were busy, but there were empty tables and no one was waiting for seating. So I don't think that the inattention to detail can be blamed on being too busy. And certainly consistently poor quality meat can't be entirely explained either by being busy or by having poor quality kitchen help. They are pretty clearly starting with poor quality ingredients.

I know a lot of people consider this a favorite place to eat in town. The atmosphere isn't bad, though it is a little noisy unless you are seated in the back corner of the main dining room. Its popularity may simply be a function of the dearth of decent eating places in the Copper Country. Every now and then we go back to eat here, each time hoping it will be better. But after this most recent experience, we both decided not to go back ever again for dinner.

What a waste of 50 bucks. (there was a good beer!)

• Visited June 2013
Coloma, Michigan
“not worth the time it takes”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went as a party of 4 with reservations, being seated quickly was the highlight of our dining experience. We ordered drinks, they were okay but nothing to get excited about. The waitress returned approx. 20 minutes later to take our order. One member of our party requested his rib eye steak to be blackened. The waitress advised us she wasn't sure if the kitchen could do this, it would depend on how busy they were. I have never been told this before and questioned her on what this meant. She replied if they were busy they couldn't take the time to add the spices??? Dinners came with soup and a salad( choice of spinach, garden or caesar). We ordered clam chowder which was okay and actually had a few large pieces of clams. Our salads arrived 20 minutes later and were small but tasty. We waited one additional hour for our dinner to arrive. The restaurant was not busy and no reason was given by the waitress. Of course, our waitress was absent most of the time because it was apparently very important for her to hold up one corner of the bar and converse with the bartender. The food was tasteful but not worth the time it took to complete our dinner there. This is one of the few full service dining establishments in this area and I've got the feeling that customer service isn't a top priority with them. Do yourself a favor and drive about 15 more minutes, you will find several other resturarants that serve great food and will appeciate your business.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank davcar1980
Evanston, Illinois
“Love the fish, great service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Has great fish dinners. Salad is ok but could be larger. Attentive service in a log cabin atmosphere. Wish they had more low starch foods. Potatoes is a main course at this place.

Visited November 2012