See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I spent three nights there as i prepaid bad mistake the room had too many doors so when when i would take a drive all valuables went with me sat once with owner's wife heard complaints about family and i gave good ideas on how to make more money with indian jewelry she brought back from last trip to india.Next tay packed all, and drove left my very expensive pillows with my very expesive pillocases on them came to get them was tolld by the that there was a lot of dog hair when went to see someone was already in the room and as the very expensive pillowcases they threw them in the garbage and pillows they gave it to their son but here it after i threw a fit after they tried to stain it lightly because hey if I were to refuse , their woudn'nt want it either,but to their surprise i took them back and i will get insurance on them.

GO TO THEM IF YOU HAVE HAPPY MEMMORIES OF HOTELS IN INDIA!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank alex l
Reviewed July 21, 2016

The Village Inn Motel and Apartments is old style but we found it clean, spacious and with a good king sized bed.
On top of that the motel is walking distance from lots of restaurants, bars and coffee shops. A 15 walk gets you to grocery and drug stores. Just down the street is Veterans Memorial Park is you want a pleasant stroll in the evening.
We are likely to be back in the Lansing area in the future and will certainly stay here again.
I can only guess that the negative reviews reflect unrealistic expectations on the reviewer's part.

Room Tip: room 15 was our room and it was fine
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel and accidentally left a very expensive coat. I called the next day and was told they could not mail I would have to pick it up! Finally I was told they could mail it. Due to a language barrier the and I was speaking to could not take my address. I was told that someone would call me to get the address. That never happened. When I called back I was told they threw it away!
If they had a negative star I would use it!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2016

Ripped, nasty furniture. Bed was OK, and shower was fine, but room was filthy. And I am a guy who regularly eats out of dumpsters. If it were not near 0 degrees outside, I would have rather slept outside on some cardboard.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2015

I was thinking the negative reviews had to be a bit harsh ..... they were not. We booked two nights and couldn't bring ourselves to stay the second night. Probably shouldn't have stayed the as far as that goes. The best description of the smell would be ; massive amounts of Febreze trying to unsuccessfully mask overwhelming cigarette odor. Tried to save some money as this motel was about half the price of others .......... Big mistake on my part as we cut our visit short.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple