“A comfortable stay in a home brimming with charm”

Holly Crossing Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holly
Holly Crossing Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Holly B&B and Inns
Toronto, ON
“A comfortable stay in a home brimming with charm”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at the lovely Holly Crossing Bed and Breakfast in September, 2013. We were in town for the Renaissance Festival and, previously, had a hit-and-miss experience with a B&B in Fenton. But Holly Crossing exceeded our expectations. We reserved the Balcony Suite, which was comfortable, clean and spacious - perfect for getting into big Renn Fest costumes!
The breakfast is "continental" - but this is not your normal continental with cold cereals and stale bread. Instead, expect fresh fruits, home baked goods and, often, a hot dish as well. The snack nook, complete with fridge, microwave, glasses, cutlery and snacks, made our stay even more comfortable.
Our hosts, Dan and Bobbie, were warm, welcoming and easy to chat with. But they also give their guests privacy.
The shuttle service Dan offers (for a modest additional cost) right to the front gates of the Renn Fest was a HUGE bonus.
We are already planning our return visit.
FAIR WARNING: Holly Crossing is aptly named - it is right next to a level railway crossing. Expect to be woken a couple of times during the night by passing trains.
UPSIDE: You are steps away from delightful downtown Holly - a real treasure of a town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel S

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Thank-you
My husband and I are advid travellers searching for wonderful memories to share.Dan and Bobbie met more of our expectations than we could asked for.Their lovely home and the charm of Holly was incredible. Pricing was aforidable even in high season.I truly recommend this ben n breakfast to be on your buket list so you may have your special memory
Michel and John
Windsor ont.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here for a girl's weekend/birthday. Bobbie and Dan are great hosts. They welcome you and make you feel comfortable the moment you walk in. The house is decorated with antiques, and the table set beautifully. Bobbie went out of her way to pick up some balloons for me to put in our room for my sister's birthday. Such a cute town and great location. Just fun to get away from it all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DawnE
Grand Blanc MI
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My husband and I took the staff for an overnight trip and selected this location because it had enough room for everybody. The house greeted us with beautiful decorations for the Christmas season. The home is beautiful and the hosts are wonderful. We had a couple who was celebrating their wedding anniversary and they stayed in the anniversary room located on the first floor. I came earlier in the day to put a few surprises in everyones room and I am glad I did because one of the rooms did not have an attached bathroom. The bathroom was located down the hall next to another room. My husband and I selected that room beause we wanted everyone to have privacy. I usually do not care for this type of accomadations. The upstairs consisted of a honeymoon suite, which was taken and three other rooms. The room we stayed in was upstairs, modest sized, beautifully decorated, and the bed was so comfortable with nice bedding. each bedroom was decorated different. Each one would have a jacuzzi or a shower. There was two bedrooms downstairs. The table was set the night before so that no one would be disturbed in the morning. Breakfast was delicious.

• Liked — The hosts
  • Disliked — The bathroom located down the hall from my room
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank gwkelley
Michigan
Reviewed October 16, 2007

When we arrived Bobbie and Dan Straub, the owners, were there to greet us. They were the best host and hostess we could have ever wanted. They made a "big deal" about it being our 2nd anniversary!!! We even had their ANNIVERSARY SUITE...which was beautiful and had a whirlpool tub!!! (no shower, though) The suite was on the main floor, off the dining room.

Directly across the street are the HOLLY railroad tracks, which during the day, we saw a number of trains traveling. With our windows open at night, I actually slept right through 3 trains. I guess my husband woke up, because he's the one who told me they'd gone through. He easily drifted back to sleep.

The breakfast on Sunday morning was delicious...starting off with fresh fruit with mango sauce, blueberry french toast casserole, quiche, fresh pumpkin bread, juice, coffee and tea!! We had more than enough to eat.

There were 5 other people who came down to the dining room to eat breakfast with us and were from Georgia, Canada and Michigan. We sat and talked until it was time for us to check out!

While there, we visited all of the quaint little shops in town, walking from one to another. Several shops were antique shops and I found some new "old" items. I've collected quite a few things over the years.

We had a great time in HOLLY and at HOLLY CROSSING B & B and look forward to another visit.

• Liked — Friendly owners, great surroundings, small town, shopping and the best home-made breakfasts!
  • Disliked — No shower...just a Jacuzzi tub with hand-held sprayer.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Kittie681
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holly
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Fenton

Been to Holly Crossing Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!