“A great help”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Recently I was looking for a room in Holland MI....so I went through the Comfort Inn "800" number for reservations. I made the reservation but the next day my plans changed, so I called back to remove ONE night and the reservation tech accidently cancelled BOTH nights and then realizing his error...he hung up on me!
I called the "800" number back, got someone else (of course), told him what had happened and he proceeded to laugh! I called him on it and he denied it. Then he said the "system" would not allow him to make reservations.
I called the hotel in Holland directly..got a WONDERFUL, sympathetic woman..who listened to my story and proceeded to force through a reservation. ..just so she knew I could sleep that night!!
I hope I get the chance to thank her on person!
I WILL be calling the customer relations number and reporting the incident.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank obcine

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel is general kept up, but could probably use a facelift to rid itself of smells and just 'age.' Staff was friendly, but several wore street clothes while working -- no identification that they worked for the hotel. . .one walked around in her socks all morning. (actually -- RAN around in her socks as she was very attentive to the guests, but could have thrown on some shoes.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JFSoccerCoach
Comfort Inn H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for your recent review We want to deeply apologize for your recent experience and want to ensure you that this is not normal. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we can resolve them.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days during this year's Tulip Festival. Good breakfast, friendly staff, clean and close to everything. I did not reserve a room for the first night of my stay. I don't know why. They were very helpful in accommodating as the town was sold out.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This Comfort Inn was not at all like all other Comfort Inns that I have stayed before. This one was really bad! Service levels were absolutely miserable and most of the furnishings and stuff in the hotel badly needs renovation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for a stay more than one night. I had a bad time changing rooms and was still uncomfortable all through my stay.

Room Tip: Check for room heating and lights in the room, do not take it for granted!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sunil F
Reviewed May 15, 2014

we rushed to the hotel at 9.30pm and we were allotted a kind size room. it was neat and clean and washrooms were clean .. but very pricy for one night stay ... good variety of breakfast. we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel was rated 3 stars on a website that doesn't tell you the name of the hotel until you've already paid for the night, it seemed shady but I needed a room last minute and the websites $25 discount made this price the best...

Not worth it. I found hair all over the white bathtub...so obviously the maids didnt even attempt to clean. The room smelled like a mix between wet shoes and kitty litter. I was so tired that these things weren't enough to make me leave. I did a visual check under the mattress and under the covers and everything looked fine but as soon as I played under the covers to fall
asleep my whole body started getting itchy. I don't know if it was the detergent or if it was something worse but I could not stay the night regardless of exhaustion and the room being nonrefundable I'd rather sleep in my car than in this hotel!

Also when I told the girl at the front desk about the hair and itching from sheets she seemed genuinely sorry but did not offer to comp the room or anything I spent less than 4 hours there and they didnt even try to make up for the horrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have stayed here before and choose to stay here again for a birthday celebration. We got a hot tub suite again with a couch, recliner, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel is older with some updates, but our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast this trip however was a very disappointing. The last of the "egg disks" were stuck to the pan and the remaining biscuits were so hard that you couldn't eat them. The sausage gravy in the crock pot looked days old. We couldn't find anyone to ask if they had anything else so we just went out for breakfast. Hoping this was just an off day and not the norm because we would like to come back to this hotel as we come here every couple of years.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple