“expensive stay”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed May 15, 2014

we rushed to the hotel at 9.30pm and we were allotted a kind size room. it was neat and clean and washrooms were clean .. but very pricy for one night stay ... good variety of breakfast. we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel was rated 3 stars on a website that doesn't tell you the name of the hotel until you've already paid for the night, it seemed shady but I needed a room last minute and the websites $25 discount made this price the best...

Not worth it. I found hair all over the white bathtub...so obviously the maids didnt even attempt to clean. The room smelled like a mix between wet shoes and kitty litter. I was so tired that these things weren't enough to make me leave. I did a visual check under the mattress and under the covers and everything looked fine but as soon as I played under the covers to fall
asleep my whole body started getting itchy. I don't know if it was the detergent or if it was something worse but I could not stay the night regardless of exhaustion and the room being nonrefundable I'd rather sleep in my car than in this hotel!

Also when I told the girl at the front desk about the hair and itching from sheets she seemed genuinely sorry but did not offer to comp the room or anything I spent less than 4 hours there and they didnt even try to make up for the horrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have stayed here before and choose to stay here again for a birthday celebration. We got a hot tub suite again with a couch, recliner, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel is older with some updates, but our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast this trip however was a very disappointing. The last of the "egg disks" were stuck to the pan and the remaining biscuits were so hard that you couldn't eat them. The sausage gravy in the crock pot looked days old. We couldn't find anyone to ask if they had anything else so we just went out for breakfast. Hoping this was just an off day and not the norm because we would like to come back to this hotel as we come here every couple of years.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D H
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Being South Africans on a 6 week road trip we did not want to spend a fortune on hotel accommodation but also did not want to stay in 'fleabag' hotels. We were advised to stay in 2* or 3* hotels and found that most of them were perfectly good for a one night stay. The Comfort Inn in Holland was very clean and the staff were most welcoming. It could do with a bit of love and attention but I suppose that is why it has a 2* rating. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you're traveling on a budget.

2  Thank Erica F
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The desk clerk was very helpful and courteous when I called to reserve the room. When we arrived for our stay, the room was very basic, and dated, but very clean. That is the most important part to us! Another nice thing was very comfortable beds, so we got the rest we needed. The only downside we experienced was a rude desk clerk when I asked for a sample toothpaste that night. She acted like she was going "out of her way".

1  Thank Kimberly L
Reviewed October 2, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Emilee B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped by in the early evening when we didn't want to pay $200 at a hotel in town. Raj was SUPER helpful (thanks Raj!) and explained our room options. He offered us a room with a queen bed and a HOT TUB for $10 more ($89), which we excitedly accepted. The room was just what we needed: simple, clean, and quiet. We enjoyed the hot tub, which was bordered by two hilarious plastic Greek columns, and my boyfriend loved how dark the room was when we went to sleep. Breakfast was nothing special but got the job done.

2  Thank JuniorMint66