“Nice experience at Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed August 13, 2008

This was the first time I stayed at a Fairfield Inn, and I was drawn by their smoke-free policy. I've had enough of 'no smoking' hotel rooms that still smell like smoke because of nearby rooms. The room was clean, and the beds were excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. The wireless was the quickest I've ever experienced in a hotel. I enjoyed the coffee and tea in the lobby. I was very pleased with my stay. It was a bit pricey, but comparable to other hotels in the area in my opinion. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn in Holland Michigan. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but very average. After staying in several other hotels in the area, the Fairfield is a little bit pricier for the same level of quality.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Stayed for one night.

Room was clean and appropriately furnished. Check-in was quick and hassle-free. Wake-up call was right on time.

The complimentary breakfast was disappointing. No hot items (not even the make-your-own waffles that almost every mid-range chain seems to have – kids were disappointed) except for a pre-packaged sausage sandwich that can be heated in microwave (enough sodium and fat to sink a ship, however). No fruit other than a few apples. Mostly cereal, bagels, and assorted other bread products. There is a Hampton Inn across the street – they typically have a better breakfast.

Heating unit was rather noisy while it ran. Unit turned off when room reached desired temperature – no option to have the fan run continuously.

Decent water pressure in shower.

Overall, it was OK, but would probably look elsewhere if returning to the area again.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed May 2, 2007

We stopped in to get a room and was checked in with no problem. The hotel was clean and very modern. They had an inside pool and a hot tub. We used both. Would stay there again! We paid around $60 a night.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlwest
Reviewed January 8, 2007

I am struggling to think of things to write about this hotel. In my book this is GOOD!!

It is exactly what I would expect from a Fairfield Inn. Large clean room with free wireless Internet, Quiet & functional without any frills.

Good free continental breakfast, nice pool (although hot tub was out of order during my 3 night stay). Plenty of eating places in walking distance plus other retail outlets including big supermarket.

Location is 2-3 miles out of town but there is a local community bus (MAX) from the adjacent Mall which takes you downtown.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank justjimuk
Reviewed October 8, 2005

Just spent a night at the Fairfield Inn Holland. For the price, less than $80, it was a nice room. The hotel is one of the nicer, if not the nicest Fairfield Inn I've stayed at. I had an executive king room and it was very clean, plenty of space for 2 with a decent sized bathroom. I agree that this is closer to a nicer Marriott room. Standard continental breakfast, with a small indoor pool and hot tub. Close to everything, only 12 miles from Saugatuck/Douglas.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A2Member
Reviewed July 20, 2005

What a great experience my family and I had!!!!!!!.....my wife, 2 kids (12 and 10) and I arrived 2 hours early on our first day and the front desk rep said he could hold our luggage for us until our room was ready (3pm check in). He decided to get a room ready for us on the first floor near the pool, which had a perfect temp and a nice hot tub. Complimentary cookies at the front desk were a nice treat. We started our days with generous comp breakfasts (hot and cold items, fresh fruit...etc..) also and the rooms were very clean and remained clean. It's located off the main road in Holland (route 31), about 5 - 6 miles from downtown Holland and a few more miles to the lakefront. The staff there gushes with service and are very attentive and helpful with directions and just about anything. This felt more like a regular Marriott than a Fairfield.

The maids were almost embarrrased by a tip I gave, but appreciative. We'd stay again in a heart beat.

Michael