“we had a great stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a family stay of three nights during a mid July week. Mon, Tues , and Wed nights. Check in was allowed early, and it was pleasant and quick. The main areas of the hotel were always really clean. The pool area was never very busy when we went, between 5-7 pm, and we had a great time there as well. There were only two times they there was even one other small family there at all besides us. It was quiet when it was just my family. They replaced towels, and there were always plenty of them. Breakfast was great. Plenty of places to sit, attentive employees cleaning, restocking and making sure you had everything you needed. The coffee was good. Fruit, sausages, eggs , juice, cereal choices, make your own waffles, bagels, toast, milks, hard boiled eggs, muffins. The room was clean and comfortable. Usually I try to find a hotel that has a separate room for the kids. I didn't do that this time, and really it wasn't necessary. We were all very comfortable here in the same room. The beds were cozy, there were plenty of outlets for everything we needed to charge. The tv was a flat screen with a good channel selection for when we were there. The cleaned our room when we were gone and changed our sheets as requested one night. It was was great to come back after a long day to a clean room. I would def. stay here again. We thought about staying at a place with the game rooms, but I couldn't justify the price. We were in the area for other things and I would stay here again in a heart beat. The only issue I had was keys not working a couple of times, they were promptly fixed. Also lastly as you know in this day and age you check the beds etc. That was the first thing I did. Check around the seams of the bed, and the tops of the curtains for anything at all that shouldn't be there, and everything looked fine.

Room Tip: We had room 212 or 222, it was at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor, and near an exit and stairwa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank btravel93
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were checked in by a friendly front desk clerk. Upon entering our given room we could smell cigerette smoke in this "smoke free hotel." It is certainly NOT the hotels fault that people don't follow the rules. I called the front desk from the room and told them the problem, they were prompt to give us a new smoke free room. Both rooms were very clean, the color combination throughout the hotel is a little dated. The most important thing to me is the cleanliness of the room and comfort of the bed along with the sleeping enviroment. All of these expectations were met. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. Even though our room was close to the elevator, we were not disturbed by elevator noise or hall noise from other guests. The pool was small but clean, even with a full hotel we had it to ourselves the morning following our stay. The complimentary breakfast had a full variety to choose from.Waffles, eggs (scrambled or boiled), sausage, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogert, and more. Over all a good hotel to stay at, we will use them again if we travel to the area.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor close to the elevator, we slept great. No noise disturbed us until we heard...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank carlen t
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The ladies at the front desk were very nice!! Unfortunately upon arriving to swim in the pool after a long day at the beach we found an unexpected situation. My children and husband were swimming with feces!!!!! We were told that the pool would be emptied and serviced and closed for the night. An hour later the front desk called to let us know that it was OK to go back to swim. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Nothing was pleasant about that experience and even worse the manager on duty did not appologize about the situation!!!! Hopefully my family will not come down with a sickness or infection!!
For this reason I gave a bad review on how the situation was handled!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
HollandFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. Without guest feedback like yours we wouldn't know what areas we need to improve on. Unfortunately during your stay there was an occurrence in our pool. The Ottawa County Health department provides a contingency plan with strict instructions on the steps that we must follow in a situation such as this. These instructions were followed to the letter. We took care of the problem as thoroughly and quickly as possible with the safety of our guests as our primary concern. I apologize for the confusion that surrounded this incident and that you were incorrectly told that the pool needed to be emptied. When we called you back the pool was completely safe to be used. I have followed up with my front desk to ensure that everyone understands the guidelines so we can avoid any confusion in the future. I do invite you back if you should find yourself in the area again. Also please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Steven M

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently stayed here for two nights to see the area and the lake. It is very central for sight seeing and many other areas are within an hour drive or less. The hotel was booked full both nights we were there yet the room was quiet. Great staff and friendly. We ventured to Windmill Island (interesting and beautiful flowers), Lake Michigan was fun for sunset and ice cream. Quiet and relaxing but lovely town and people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Upon arrival, a staff member was very friendly and accommodating. The facility is newly- remodeled, with very comfortable beds and appointments. Based on our experience with Fairfield Inns, we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel served a full breakfast. A nice choice if you’re in the area. My only negative comment is that it's a bit pricey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JPJE3150
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great time, great room for a short beach trip. Very clean hotel, comfortable beds and the front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly. I am a frequent business traveller but this was a family beach trip - the free breakfast was actually breakfast (eggs, sausage, etc!) which was fantastic. The hotel pool was super clean, well maintained and warm enough to swim in. I was really impressed with this Fairfield. We knew the location and were fine being outside the "city limits" but a short drive from downtown Holland. Really enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler200951
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good location, close to numerous restaurants and easy to access. Very nice facility and friendly staff. Reasonable rates, clean rooms and quiet location. Spacious breakfast area is very clean and a good selection of food. I was really impressed with this property and friendliness of the staff. I would have no problem recommending this to family or friends.

• Stayed: July 2013