“Clean, good breakfast, tight parking, small pillows and lots of outlets!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Clean, good breakfast, tight parking, small pillows and lots of outlets!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Fairfield Inn at Holland was good enough for a one night stay on our vacation around the great lakes area. It is a typical Marriott property, which is a good thing. I appreciate the standardization and no surprises that come with a Marriott property. The room was typical Marriott cleanliness, quality and service... all good. The hot breakfast was good - eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, and the usual cereal, juice and pastries.

Something overlooked by some motels, but that Fairfield had covered well was electrical outlets. Let's count the need - 3 cell phones, iPod, laptop, mobile Mifi hotspot, two digital camera batteries. I had outlets for all of them without having to use one of my outlet multiplexors.

The only two oddities we found we observed were the use of 4 small square pillows per queen size bed instead of the normal 3 rectangular pillows, and the tight parking around the property. The smallish square pillows definitely felt a little weird and took some getting used to, but we got to sleep anyway. I'd also have to say that Marriott squeezed a 3-story hotel in the smallest postage stamp sized lot I have seen. If you drive a large truck or van park in the front parking spaces or be very careful.... your vehicle will need to have an extremely small turning radius to turn into most of the parking spaces around the side or back.

One last thing... we were abruptly awoken at 3:45 AM from the very loud alarm clock beside the beds!! Apparently the housekeeping staff forgot to reset the alarm from the previous guest, and we didn't think to inspect the alarm clock ourselves. Shame on the Fairfield and shame on us!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arriving at the hotel on a Friday in summer to reserve a room for the night, we were greeted by Dave at the desk. He was so pleasant and helpful. His rooms were more expensive than I wanted to spend and he took the time to call other hotels in the area and even in another town for us. Since he was so helpful - we decided to stay there despite the high price of a room. He was so helpful with directions to the beach, and town. This hotel was very nice - but the best part of our stay were the excellent employees!!

Room Tip: It may be cheaper if you plan ahead.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Terrific new renovations at this location. Clean. Nicely updated. Continental breakfast is adequate in taste but generous in variety. "Corner Market" is small but a nice addition for options. Friendly service.

• Stayed June 2013
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hotel was immaculate, roomy, modern. Customer service was excellent. Breakfast was good.
I made last minute plans to attend graduation at nearby Hope College. Extended family was at another hotel, but it was sold out.

I called the afternoon I was checking in to be sure they would hold the room as I was arriving late. There was a miss-up in the dates, which was most likely an error. They got it fixed right away.

My room and breakfast area were very spacious and seemed like new. The front desk person was extremely helpful with directions and information.

I ended up leaving an article of clothing hanging in the closet. They quickly found it and mailed it to me. It was a bit pricey for a Fairfield, but I think that was because it was graduation weekend and I booked just a few days before.

I didn't have a car, so at one point I walked to Gap outlet and to the hotel where my sisters were. It was around a mile and seemed very safe (through parking lots) on a Sunday morning. The classic Holland theme park was very near as were affordable restaurants.

I have only stayed at two other properties in Holland, but I feel certain that Fairfield Inn is one of the nicer places to stay, especially if you participate in Marriott rewards . It seems much cleaner, newer than Country Inn. Residence Inn is also nice, but I found the staff friendlier/more helpful here and the location seemed more convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2013

For only $90 my friend and I stayed in a four star (our rating) hotel. The room was elegant and immaculate. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. And the complimentary breakfast was huge. I will definitely be staying at a Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alpena Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is under renovation the room I had was completed very nice. The noise was a bit much but they stopped working around 8 started again around 7 I was there for work so it was okay. Desk staff very nice, helpful would stay again. Typically stay at Hilton chain but employer made reservation. Breakfast bar pretty good. Very clean comfortable customer service 5 stars.

Room Tip: maybe after the renovations are complete
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pa
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great stay for one night. Will be changing my "near Grand Rapids" hotel to this FFI.

Had a huge suite. Newly renovated.

Room smelled crisp and fresh. 2 large flat-screen tv's in the room.

One down side, FFI's seem to have "thin" walls and the a/c unit was VERY VERY quiet-even on high fan. This was the only thing holding the review back from a true 5.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business