“Nice, convenient hotel”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Austin, TX
“Nice, convenient hotel”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hotel was immaculate, roomy, modern. Customer service was excellent. Breakfast was good.
I made last minute plans to attend graduation at nearby Hope College. Extended family was at another hotel, but it was sold out.

I called the afternoon I was checking in to be sure they would hold the room as I was arriving late. There was a miss-up in the dates, which was most likely an error. They got it fixed right away.

My room and breakfast area were very spacious and seemed like new. The front desk person was extremely helpful with directions and information.

I ended up leaving an article of clothing hanging in the closet. They quickly found it and mailed it to me. It was a bit pricey for a Fairfield, but I think that was because it was graduation weekend and I booked just a few days before.

I didn't have a car, so at one point I walked to Gap outlet and to the hotel where my sisters were. It was around a mile and seemed very safe (through parking lots) on a Sunday morning. The classic Holland theme park was very near as were affordable restaurants.

I have only stayed at two other properties in Holland, but I feel certain that Fairfield Inn is one of the nicer places to stay, especially if you participate in Marriott rewards . It seems much cleaner, newer than Country Inn. Residence Inn is also nice, but I found the staff friendlier/more helpful here and the location seemed more convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2013

For only $90 my friend and I stayed in a four star (our rating) hotel. The room was elegant and immaculate. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. And the complimentary breakfast was huge. I will definitely be staying at a Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alpena Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is under renovation the room I had was completed very nice. The noise was a bit much but they stopped working around 8 started again around 7 I was there for work so it was okay. Desk staff very nice, helpful would stay again. Typically stay at Hilton chain but employer made reservation. Breakfast bar pretty good. Very clean comfortable customer service 5 stars.

Room Tip: maybe after the renovations are complete
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pa
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great stay for one night. Will be changing my "near Grand Rapids" hotel to this FFI.

Had a huge suite. Newly renovated.

Room smelled crisp and fresh. 2 large flat-screen tv's in the room.

One down side, FFI's seem to have "thin" walls and the a/c unit was VERY VERY quiet-even on high fan. This was the only thing holding the review back from a true 5.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room met my expectations, but remodeling is underway. No remodeling on the second floor, so it didn't really effect my stay. The entry, breakfast area and hallway on the first floor are all under construction. Breakfast is available in one of the first floor rooms. There's something unappealing about that. The price is right and the location is convenient. I'm sure when the remodeling is complete, the property will be a nice Farifield.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HollandFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Holland Fairfield Inn. The remodeling for the lobby and breakfast room should be completed in late April 2013. All our guest rooms on the second and third floors have been completely redone with new beds, carpet, and furniture. During the remodeling we are striving to give our guests the best experience possible. In addition to the temporary breakfast rooms we also have an option for our guests to have breakfast in their rooms. We constantly try to improve our hotel and service and we are excited that the renovations are nearly completed. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you visit us when the remodeling is completed. Sincerely, Steven Miller General Manager
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week and he actually left his new shoes in the room. (What can I say?) When he called the hotel they were so helpful; found the shoes and mailed them to us. No hassle at all. Plus we had had a great stay. Even though there was some construction going on on the first floor, it didn't really affect us. They quit by 6 PM which was plenty early enough. And the cookies were very good, too. The redone rooms were very nice. We'll come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had an early morning meeting just up the road from Holland, and was going to be arriving rather late the night before. Reviews on this property were mixed, but I noticed the more recent ones mentioned major improvements from a renovation. That, combined with substantial savings (around $60 a night, so like 50+%) over the two places next door, made it an easy selection. Great choice. As of my stay - March 10th - the lobby and breakfast room were still under construction, but scheduled to be done within a few weeks.
The rooms were unbelievable. Think something like a Hyatt Place or Cambria Suites, but in a more standard sized rooms. Not only was everything brand new, but it was well thought out and completely functional, which is wonderful! Very sleek, modern, & inviting.
On top of all of that, the staff - both at 11:30pm and at 8:00am were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel that got the earlier negative reviews no longer exists at this location. Great job!!

**If you represent any chain of hotels, please go visit this location, and look at a standard King room. This is EXACTLY what I am looking for as a business traveler. Give me this room, at a reasonable price, and you will have me locked in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business