“9/29 to 9/30 2012” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Holland
Lockport, Illinois
“9/29 to 9/30 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Going through major rehab. Nice and clean for construction.
Breakfast area was crowded. Can't wait to see it when it's rehabbed. Comfy beds, nice pool/hot tub area.

One odd thing, not with hotel, was that you can't turn left onto s/b 31 from Feltch.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was a typical Fairfield Inn, clean and well maintained. Our king room was spacious and quiet, and had all the amenities needed for a pleasant stay, including free wi-fi. The breakfast was very good as well. This hotel is outside the downtown area, but is convenient to most everything in the Holland area. Other hotels are adjacent to this property, but the Fairfield Inn appeared to be the best value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol325
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

As I was leaving Ann Arbor, I called on this hotel to check on room availability. I was so happy with the customer service that I was given. The lady at the front counter was perfect for her job. Upon arriving at this hotel, I found that the location was perfect for all the things that I wanted to do over the weekend. Close to many resturants and local attractions. Being located on 31,it was a quick trip if you wanted to go to Grand Haven also. In which we did on the first day. About a 10 minute drive also to the state park and such. The hotel was in great shape. The room was clean and the beds were nice. The breakfast buffet had a bit of everything that the family could enjoy. The pool was a bit small when there are more than a few people in it. Besides that, my stay there will happen again soon. I found my new favorite vacation spot. HOLLAND.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We brought our family up here for a couple of nights. Our main goal: beach and blueberry picking. The Fairfield Inn was a great price and great location. The hotel is clean and offers breakfast. You are within walking distance to some restaurants. We were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Although they were painting the building we had a great stay. The staff were very accommodating!

We were directed to a number of great eating places.

They did every thing they could to make our visit enjoyable.

Room Tip: All good? We were on the second floor. There is only one elevator. Not an inconvenience to us!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jim r
Detroit area, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We just stayed there for the weekend, and came away somewhat perplexed. We paid $190/night (after AAA discount!) and felt that in some respect, we were sold an experience worthy of a $50-night motel. The room was all right, clean enough, with a decent large bed, but the toilet paper was sandpaper-ish, the bed itself lumpy and the shampoo a caustic, eye-burning Pantene. The breakfast was, however, what really teed me off. Not a single donut or Danish, not a can of whipped cream to go with the waffles to offset the tasteless batter, terrible cheap coffee and juice, and, what was the most egregious thing of all--one high chair for the four or five families with babies that were trying to have breakfast there. ONE?! Seriously? What does it cost to outfit the breakfast room with basic wooden high chairs? We ended up eating as fast as we could and giving the chair to the next family trying to balance a squirmy toddler on the lap while drinking coffee. Oh, and the high chair was disgusting--it hadn't been wiped down and washed this age and was sticky with syrup. I'm going to be lodging a complaint with Mariott--I really do feel like my family received no value at all for the money we spent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HollandFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit to the Holland Fairfield Inn. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. I want to assure you we understand the issues that you expressed and are taking steps to alleviate those problems and improve our hotel. We are scheduled to begin a complete renovation in early September 2012. When completed, we will have a new breakfast menu with more hot items. We will be renovating all of our guest rooms, lobby, and breakfast area, and will be adding an exercise room. We are excited about our renovation and with our continued efforts to improve. We hope that you keep the Holland Fairfield Inn in mind next time you stay in Holland.
Steve Miller
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a recent weekend. Arrived late in the evening and the check-in took less than 5 minutes because they were prepared for me--didn't have to look up the record when I gave them my name, something I really appreciated. The room was a good size, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Normally I don't like being close to the elevators but I didn't hear any noise in the hallway. I didn't have time to stay for the breakfast, but did grab a cup of juice to go. The food looked fresh and the dining area was very clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I travel through Holland.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo