“Great for a short stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We brought our family up here for a couple of nights. Our main goal: beach and blueberry picking. The Fairfield Inn was a great price and great location. The hotel is clean and offers breakfast. You are within walking distance to some restaurants. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Although they were painting the building we had a great stay. The staff were very accommodating!

We were directed to a number of great eating places.

They did every thing they could to make our visit enjoyable.

Room Tip: All good? We were on the second floor. There is only one elevator. Not an inconvenience to us!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jim r
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We just stayed there for the weekend, and came away somewhat perplexed. We paid $190/night (after AAA discount!) and felt that in some respect, we were sold an experience worthy of a $50-night motel. The room was all right, clean enough, with a decent large bed, but the toilet paper was sandpaper-ish, the bed itself lumpy and the shampoo a caustic, eye-burning Pantene. The breakfast was, however, what really teed me off. Not a single donut or Danish, not a can of whipped cream to go with the waffles to offset the tasteless batter, terrible cheap coffee and juice, and, what was the most egregious thing of all--one high chair for the four or five families with babies that were trying to have breakfast there. ONE?! Seriously? What does it cost to outfit the breakfast room with basic wooden high chairs? We ended up eating as fast as we could and giving the chair to the next family trying to balance a squirmy toddler on the lap while drinking coffee. Oh, and the high chair was disgusting--it hadn't been wiped down and washed this age and was sticky with syrup. I'm going to be lodging a complaint with Mariott--I really do feel like my family received no value at all for the money we spent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HollandFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit to the Holland Fairfield Inn. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. I want to assure you we understand the issues that you expressed and are taking steps to alleviate those problems and improve our hotel. We are scheduled to begin a complete renovation in early September 2012. When completed, we will have a new breakfast menu with more hot items. We will be renovating all of our guest rooms, lobby, and breakfast area, and will be adding an exercise room. We are excited about our renovation and with our continued efforts to improve. We hope that you keep the Holland Fairfield Inn in mind next time you stay in Holland.
Steve Miller

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a recent weekend. Arrived late in the evening and the check-in took less than 5 minutes because they were prepared for me--didn't have to look up the record when I gave them my name, something I really appreciated. The room was a good size, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Normally I don't like being close to the elevators but I didn't hear any noise in the hallway. I didn't have time to stay for the breakfast, but did grab a cup of juice to go. The food looked fresh and the dining area was very clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I travel through Holland.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Here on business for my fiancee so I had to stay here all day. Nice pool and a computer too. Near everything so I could walk anywhere. Just fantastic on all accounts.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott since we had rewards available for our South Haven/Saugatuck/Holland Memorial Day weekend get-a-away.

Pros:

Besides the hotel being clean with friendly staff, we were pleasantly surprise by their breakfast offerings. Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that can be heated up in a microwave, fruit cups, juices, milks, hard boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, fresh fruits (apples/bananas), waffle machine, oatmeal, and 4 different kinds of cereal.

We've stayed at other places that offers cold breakfast and if an item runs out...that is it, you are out of luck! But at this hotel, the staff are consistently stocking the breakfast items and cleaning during the breakfast hour.

The rooms has LG flat screen TV, newer AC, and free wi-fi.

Located in an area where there are restaurant options and if you forget to pack an item, there are Meijers, Target, and Walmart near by.

Cons:

We can't really think of any except that it is a bit further away from South Haven and Saugatuck. But with planning that was not a problem for us. Traffic was generally light for a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the first floor but unless you smoke, have kids (pool area), and do not mind the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheMontalbans
Reviewed April 3, 2012

As a Marriott rewards member, I was disappointed a few hours after checking into this hotel when I couldn't find the fitness room that was listed online as an amenity with this hotel. I inquired at the front desk as to the location of the fitness room and was told that there was none onsite, but they could give me a key(pass) and directions to a local fitness center. That's why I could only give three stars.

The room was very clean with a nice flat screen tv. The hotel is located near a plethora of restaurants and shopping opportunities. There is a pool and hot tub, I didn't use, but families seemed to be enjoying. My room had an available outlet next to the bed for charging my electronics. The free wireless Internet could stream music from Pandora nicely, but slowed down when trying to view anything on You Tube or Net Flix. When I came back from dinner, the woman at the front desk let me know she had just set out a plate of chocolate chip cookies from the oven...they were still warm and delicious! The complimentary breakfast was Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, waffles, fruits, cereals (hot n cold), breads, coffee, tea, and juices. All of the staff I encountered were professional, friendly, and helpful. Thank you!

Stayed: April 2012