Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Teerman Lofts(Holland)
Economy Inn(Holland)
View Hotel
All reviewssafe betwafflesroom was cleanbreakfast baran overnight staypleasant staynight managerbusiness tripshopping and restaurantscomplimentary breakfastroom ratedowntown areastayed one nightcoffee makernice breakfastthree nightsfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott since we had rewards available for our South Haven/Saugatuck/Holland Memorial Day weekend get-a-away.

Pros:

Besides the hotel being clean with friendly staff, we were pleasantly surprise by their breakfast offerings. Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that can be heated up in a microwave, fruit cups, juices, milks, hard boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, fresh fruits (apples/bananas), waffle machine, oatmeal, and 4 different kinds of cereal.

We've stayed at other places that offers cold breakfast and if an item runs out...that is it, you are out of luck! But at this hotel, the staff are consistently stocking the breakfast items and cleaning during the breakfast hour.

The rooms has LG flat screen TV, newer AC, and free wi-fi.

Located in an area where there are restaurant options and if you forget to pack an item, there are Meijers, Target, and Walmart near by.

Cons:

We can't really think of any except that it is a bit further away from South Haven and Saugatuck. But with planning that was not a problem for us. Traffic was generally light for a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the first floor but unless you smoke, have kids (pool area), and do not mind the breakfast crowd (7-10am), I would avoid taking the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheMontalbans
Reviewed April 3, 2012

As a Marriott rewards member, I was disappointed a few hours after checking into this hotel when I couldn't find the fitness room that was listed online as an amenity with this hotel. I inquired at the front desk as to the location of the fitness room and was told that there was none onsite, but they could give me a key(pass) and directions to a local fitness center. That's why I could only give three stars.

The room was very clean with a nice flat screen tv. The hotel is located near a plethora of restaurants and shopping opportunities. There is a pool and hot tub, I didn't use, but families seemed to be enjoying. My room had an available outlet next to the bed for charging my electronics. The free wireless Internet could stream music from Pandora nicely, but slowed down when trying to view anything on You Tube or Net Flix. When I came back from dinner, the woman at the front desk let me know she had just set out a plate of chocolate chip cookies from the oven...they were still warm and delicious! The complimentary breakfast was Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, waffles, fruits, cereals (hot n cold), breads, coffee, tea, and juices. All of the staff I encountered were professional, friendly, and helpful. Thank you!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Staff was nice to work with. Checkin was painless.

Room Tip: Ask for coupons for local restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for Michigan Swimming State Championship on March 15-19. It was our second time at this hotel. We stayed here last year for the same event. It is very nice small hotel. Rooms are very clean, beds are comfy. We had everything we needed basically in the room. Their breakfast was wonderful with waffles, bagels, cakes, fruits, different types of yogurt, and microwave ready breakfast sandwiches. Even though hotel was full with the swimmers and everybody had to have their breakfast at the same time, we could find the table to sit, and they never were out of any item.
My daughter had to stay for afternoon session finals on Sunday. They allowed us to stay at the room two more hours free of charge. We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor which was convenient. But i think all rooms are comfortable. There are lots of restaurant and shopping centers around. Location is perfect. Never try Carino Italian restaurant. We ate there first night. We waited to have our dinners almost two hours. Don't go there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Very friendly staff. My best friend and I went on a road trip and we had a great time the staff really went out of their way to make us feel welcome!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends