“would stay here again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We spent a weekend in Holland and our stay at the Fairfield was a good experience. It was a basic, nice motel and the staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was just what you'd expect for a continental breakfast, with a bonus of Jimmy Dean sausage and egg muffins. The breakfast area was clean and stocked every morning with a nice attendand that was "Johnny on the spot" with the cleaning rag. I would not hesitate to stay here again, the location was easily accesable and convenient to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lmullet
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed here in September of 2011 and was very disappointed with the hotel for the price. There was mold in the bathroom where we could smell it. For a marriott, this was poorly run and upkeep was not well done. Save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank laffetaffy
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Wow....I'm stunned J.W. Marriott would put his name on the fron of this building. Holy cow! This is a bad experience from the beginning - the front door is full of dirt and fingerprints, the lobby is dirty, the front desk clerk is rude and slow, the check in process is so slow. We waited over 10 minutes while the clerk tried to figure out how to handle a country code as guests from England tried to check in. We returned and finally got a room and immediately returned to the front desk and checked out. Room is old, dirty, outdated, had knats flying around in it and huge black mold circles on the the shower curtain. By far the worst Marriott I have ever seen, and I have 1.5 million reward points so I've seen plenty.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank apmatera
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn was inexpensive but unpleasant. We bought a four night package through Expedia. When I arrived, the front desk sent me to sweltering room right next to the elevator. I asked to be moved to a quieter spot. She then moved me to another room. This room did not have the promised refrigerator and microwave. So she moved me back to the first room. Then I realized that the first room had a refrigerator but did not have the microwave. Then she moved me back to the previous room, came upstairs and moved the refrigerator in the other room and found a microwave. It sounds like a comedy of errors and would have been very funny except that I was traveling with my nine-year-old son and each time I had to haul our luggage and him back downstairs. It took some time to get all of this done because the woman, while pleasant, was the only person on duty at that time.

The next problem I had was that the armchair in my room smelled strongly of vomit. I discovered this when I was sitting in it at night doing some work. It was late and I could do nothing about it until the next morning. I reported it, and they came and hauled it away and replaced it with a new one. The next night was fine. The following night the chair smelled of vomit again. Apparently they had "cleaned" it and then moved it back. Again, it was late in the evening when I discovered it so it could not be moved until the following day. Also, I never complained about this but the bathroom did not smell clean. It smelled strongly of urine.

Part of the problem at the Fairfield Inn may be that housekeeping apparently has a very short window of time to get all of their work done. Every morning, around 8:30 the housekeeping staff started rapping on doors and announcing 'housekeeping" in extremely loud voices. The privacy sign stated that if you put it out, it meant that you didn't want service. Although everyday I asked that they not clean our room until 12:30, they still knocked on the door and woke my son up.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was small but adequate.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank STherese05
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hotel was conveniently located on a main strip in Holland. It was easily accessible and, while clearly not the newest Fairfield Inn I've stayed at, was clean and had adequate facilities. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was an average continental free breakfast. Unfortunately, because of the earlier weekday hours, it was too busy and crowded to house most of our family. Guests were spilling out into the too small lobby. The beds were comfortable and clean, however, the tub was backed up and the knob on the tub looked like it was growing mold underneath the plastic. What really irritated us during our visit was that at around 9:00 a.m., television service and air conditioning was cut off in all of our rooms (we had three booked in our party). Also, housekeeping attempted to enter my mother's room at 8:30 a.m. Apparently, they were attempting to push us out much sooner than the 11:00 a.m. check out time! Thankfully, we had plans to leave earlier than check out to spend time in Saugatuck. When returning to the area, we will be looking elsewhere for lodging.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jmarc23
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was disappointed in the hotel. I expected more fro a Marriott property. Breakfast was ok...coffee was not good at all. Rooms very dated, though spacious and the beds were comfy. Rooms were clean, staff friendly. I was just disappointed in what it was for the price. at 119/night...not a good value for what it was, stayed at chains that are suppose to be at a lower scale than a Marriott that were way nicer and better value. If in holland again, I'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Crazycanuckont
Reviewed June 14, 2011

For the price, Fairfield Holland is a steal. My boyfriend and I stay here when we visit family and check-ins are always smooth. The staff are always friendly and polite. The housekeeping staff are very good at their job. Yes, the rooms are outdated and the curtains are ugly but everything works fine, from the air conditioning to the tv. Their beds are super comfortable! Linens are crisp and clean. Pillows are soft and comfy. We always ask for extra pillows and they comply with no problem.

Convenient location as well. With restaurants just across the street and a major grocery store 2 mins away. We never have trouble finding parking here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family