“Great for business travel,”

Hampton Inn Holland
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Holland
“Great for business travel,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

The Hampton Inn is an excellent hotel in the Holland Mi area. The front desk staff has been very friendly and courteous every time I have stayed here. Every time I have stayed the property was fairly peaceful, the only noise I ever hear is the occasional door closing in the hallway. The pool area is , I do not use it though as I have only stayed here on business. Most every different room I have stayed in has been updated, great showers are always appreciated. The rooms have always been clean and the beds super comfortable. Sharkee's Bar and Grill on the property has a limited menu but the food and service has been good. The morning breakfast is just a step above continental.

Room Tip: I try to stay on the first floor, rooms 120 through 136. They are along the west side of the buildin...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rlvan7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a typical Hampton Inn with clean rooms, excellent bedding, and a well-maintained property. I was concerned about noise when I came back to my room after a long day and discovered that there were a number of kids hockey teams staying at the hotel. Initially, the noise level was higher than you would otherwise find, but by bedtime everything was quiet. I never had to contact the front desk about excessive noise. I credit the management with setting expectations that the teams not disturb the other hotel guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jgerstenberger
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed in this facility over the weekend for a hockey tournament...we were presented with 2 pages of rules upon check in for hockey families? really? that is excessive & ridiculous... we as parents know how to take care of our kids. Kids on hockey teams are generally respectful and well mannered. however they do like to have fun with their teammates.. the teams that hang out together off the ice, play exceptionally well on the ice!!! this hotel may want to consider getting out of the hockey business because they have no idea how to make this enjoyable for the kids or the parents.. I am not a first time hockey parent and have been traveling with hockey teams for well over 15 years and have stayed in many areas of the united states and canada and this facility was the worst experience we have ever had. As a parent I have never been sent to bed and then had hall monitors in the hallways asking me where I was going when I left my room????? are you kidding me???? we paid $300 to stay in this facility for the weekend and they treated us this way? shame on them:-( their food was way over priced, nothing special, and the service in the bar/restuarant was terrible and they close the bar/restuarant at midnight? need I remind you the legal time you can serve alcohol in michigan is until 2am!! our kids had late games and when you return to a hotel after a long day of hockey, yes these kids play 2 games a day, and its 1130 pm and you cannot even visit with the other parents on your team without being harassed like a college student on spring break!!! that is really bad business. Furthermore our kids had games that were scheduled in a way that didn't allow them to even enjoy the pool because everyone who is an athlete knows you cannot swim before a game:-( well when your games don't end until 11pm and the pool closes at 10pm how fair is that to the kids? oh but adults could swim til midnight? how about when your hosting hockey teams the pool is just open til midnight because let me tell you... true hockey parents don't care about adult only time they are about making family memories out of these hockey tournaments!!!! Hockey familites are not going to burn the place down, so if you choose to continue you need to lighten up and start making this fun for everyone!!!! oh and when your booking rooms put each team TOGETHER this way there is no disturbing the other teams. you see each team has a different game time so keeping teams together since they book together would be in your best interest. I know I speak for our entire team when I say WE WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO OTHERS AND WE WILL NOT BE STAYING WITH YOU AGAIN....yes the facility was clean and well maintained but the customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! the night manager might want to consider another line of work he clearly doesn't want to be there nor does he care how he treats the hotel guests:-( if your traveling with just your family this would be an ok place to stay, but if your with a sports team or even more than one family don't bother they don't know how to handle group events!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank K A
bflavin, Communications Director at Hampton Inn Holland, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear K A,
We would first off like to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Holland, MI and providing feedback about your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing every guest with the best experience possible while they stay with us at the Hampton. With that being said, we apologize that the tournament check in procedures were not what you would typically expect. It is never our intention to make anyone feel unwelcomed. For ten years we have been the host hotel for 26 annual weekends of hockey families. The check in procedures that are in place for these tournaments are only intended to provide a positive experience to all guests. We have found that asking the tournament guests to review and agree to these policies have had positive results. If you have any further questions or comments feel free to e-mail bflavin@suburbaninns.com. Have a great day!
Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

The hotel was very clean and very comfortable. I have no complaints about the hotel or it's amenities. The room rates were very standard. The front desk staff at check in was very kind and even gave out goodie bags we'd made for our families to have at check-in. I was also with a hockey group, in town for a tournament. I never quite understand why, with a group, we become second class citizens. We got two pages of rules we had to comply with so as not to be kicked out and lose our money. I have never been in a hotel that caters to families when I haven't heard running in the halls. We were scared to death to allow our children to even be in the halls for fear they'd act like, well, children and then we'd have management visiting.
We had dinner in the restaurant the first night and it was nothing above average. Holland has so many unique dining venues, do not waste time at this one. My daughter loves Mac and cheese and I get so angry when she orders it for $4.00 and out comes the box of kraft stuff in a bowl. And the 89 cent kind....
The hotel was nice. The pool was also great and quite large and kept up very well. I think when going back though, we'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express. When staying there, I didn't feel like a college student on Spring Break wondering if security was coming to the room to see if we had too many people staying in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
bflavin, Communications Director at Hampton Inn Holland, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear kimbill97,
We would first off like to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Holland, MI and providing feedback about your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing every guest with the best experience possible while they stay with us at the Hampton. With that being said, we apologize that the tournament check in procedures were not what you would typically expect. It is never our intention to make anyone feel unwelcomed. For ten years we have been the host hotel for 26 annual weekends of hockey families. The check in procedures that are in place for these tournaments are only intended to provide a positive experience to all guests. We have found that asking the tournament guests to review and agree to these policies has had positive results. Thank you for the feedback on our restaurant and Macaroni and Cheese. We will be sure to review if we are preparing it properly and if there is a quality issue with the product we are using. If you have any further questions or comments feel free to e-mail bflavin@suburbaninns.com.
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Hampton has recently renovated their accommodations and I was very pleased with the results. We stayed for 2 nights for a Hockey tournament at the Edge Arena, and although there were a hundred little kids running through the hallways, the hotel was clean and quiet. We had a corner room on the 3rd floor and I was afraid that we'd be hearing stomping feet and slamming doors all around, but was pleasantly surprised not to hear any noise at all during the night. The rooms were very clean, extremely comfortable and pleasant. The queeen size beds were comfortable, the internet connection was excellent and the room refridgerator held plenty of room for juice boxes and snacks. The complementary breakfast was fantastic. Hot oatmeal, waffles and sausage, along with the standard continential breakfast items. We ate like royalty. Sharkee's pub also did a nice job of catering our team pizza party. The staff was pleasant and the pizza was well received by the families. A great week-end away all together at the Hampton!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bflavin, Communications Director at Hampton Inn Holland, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Forwhite,
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to Holland, MI. Our staff prides themselves on providing the best experience to every guest while they stay with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed the Hampton breakfast and that you at like "royalty" and that Sharkee's provided you and your team with a great pizza party. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Have a great day!
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have been traveling for over 20 years in many many different hotel brands. I typically don't stay at the Hilton brand because of cost. This hotel price was near the same as other area hotels, which sparked my interest. I am so happy I chose this one. Staff, front desk, housekeeping, restaurant and people in general have made this one of my most memorable hotel stays in my life. NO BS. The only thing I didn't like was some of the BLT menu items used bacon bits instead of real bacon. Other than that, all the food was great.

Room Tip: "Only heard" sometimes it can get a little crazy when they have hockey teams in, but the s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
bflavin, Communications Director at Hampton Inn Holland, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Ray P,
The staff at the Hampton Inn of Holland would first off like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your latest visit to Holland. Our staff is consistently pushed to go "one more step" and provide you, the guest with a memorable stay. We apologize that you did not like some of the BLT menu items that we had to offer. As we continue to look at ways to improve our menu I will be sure to bring up the strips of real bacon instead of the bits of bacon. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to your future stays with us.
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

The 2 queen junior suite was very spacious, all the staff was very friendly, breakfast was great, and they even give each adult a free drink in the bar. Really a nice place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family