“Great food with various seating options”
Review of Butch's Dry Dock

Butch's Dry Dock
Reserve with OpenTable
Butch's Dry Dock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 263 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For more than 25 years, Butch TerHaar has strived to create a place where people can celebrate the marriage of food and drink. Today, Butch's is one of fewer than 800 restaurants worldwide (and one of 10 in Michigan) to hold Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence. Building on our exceptional wine and beer offerings, our menu is expressly designed to enhance the experience of enjoying food and drink together.
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was on my list to go to when visiting Holland Michigan and I was pretty disappointed I dragged my feet and when I tried to reserve on OpenTable they were booked. Walking around shopping I passed this establishment and figured I would see if my theory of a set number of slots are available on OpenTable and walk-ins and calls. I was created by a pleasant man and they had an opening and I even had my choice of sitting in the more fine dining area, causal area or outside. I wasn’t dressed appropriately for the fine dining but they served the same food so the casual area worked out nice. The fish dinner, the filet and burgers that were ordered were amazing. The staff was responsive with great service and though on your upper price range restaurants I felt it was worth it. Noise level was low and could easily communicate with those at your table and the casual environment was perfect. We shared the tomatoes and mozzarella for a starter and it set the tone for excellent food. You can dress casual and get incredible food and service here. You will pay a premium but this is the place to go to celebrate your awesome days there and finish on a strong note. Highly recommended.

Butch T, Owner at Butch's Dry Dock, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Hello Patrick,

Thank you so much for your detailed review and rating. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to do even better during your next visit. Until then, have a wonderful evening!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Went there hoping to get carpaccio; was the only restaurant in the area serving it. Was met by a very snooty matrie'd (think Ferris Bueller's Day Off) who seemed bothered he had to seat us. Our waiter was nice and knowledgeable about the menu. We ordered two sandwiches and soup and paid over $30. The food was good but not worth the money. Oh yeah, the carpaccio is only served on the dinner menu

Butch T, Owner at Butch's Dry Dock, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Hi Jerry,

I so sorry to hear that your experience with us was anything less than stellar. We appreciate the feedback and will be using it to better ourselves and our operation. I sincerely hope you will choose to join us again and would love to welcome you back. Until then, have a great day, Jerry.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Fantastic restaurant with a wine list par non! The Sommelier is expert and so in tuned with what you are asking that he chooses 3 or 4 different kinds/styles of wine to match your food all the while opening your palette to new kinds of wine. cCan't ask for anything better than that!

Butch T, Owner at Butch's Dry Dock, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Hello! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we will be sure to pass on the kind words to our Somm, Bruce. He is a master of his craft and we are so thankful to have him with us. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Staff was very nice, place was clean and laid back atmosphere in the back bar and patio area.

our sandwiches were good. But at $14 each they should be amazing. And huge, but they were average. Which is what we figured when we split 2 sandwiches between my spouse and 2 kids. Then they added a split charge. We did get an “extra” side with that. Pretzels. Like the kind I give my kids for lunch. For what we got not worth the price. Totally not impressed. Maybe dinner is better but find somewhere else for lunch.

Hello Go2run,

Thank you so much for choosing to join us for lunch as well as your valuable feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear that you didn't find value in your visit as I know that's a huge component when deciding where to dine. This is a rare comment for us to hear but we will be using it as an opportunity to re-examine the perception of value here at Butch's.

I hope you'll choose to join us again soon in the near future and, until then, wish you a great evening.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Friendly
Helpful with reservations
Beautiful outside patio
Delicious food (loved the whitefish)
Quiet atmosphere

Cons:
Over priced
Small portions
Waiter not attentive (no water refill)
Patio table was wobbly and had a corner showing a rusty nail
Husbands filet was medium not medium rare.

Butch T, Owner at Butch's Dry Dock, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Hello Megan,

First of all, Happy belated Anniversary! We're so glad you could join us on such a special occasion and I really appreciate the feedback. It sounds like we could have done a few things better on our end and I assure you we'll be using this feedback to improve.

I hope you can join us again soon and please let me know if I can ever be of personal assistance.

Have a great day!