“A warm and inviting stay with just a dash of class.”

Doubletree Hotel Holland
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Sturtevant, United States
“A warm and inviting stay with just a dash of class.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My stay was very comfortable and the high speed internet was a welcomed change from most other hotel stays. If you have AT&T you can simply use your credentials and you are off running. Plus the warm cookie at check-in doesn't hurt either!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chaz D, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am very happy you had a great stay with us here at the Doubletree. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Holland, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Nice hotel, second stay, however a bit noisy both times unfortunately. Stayed on a Friday night the forest time then Saturday night this time and both times there was a lot of noise with children running through the halls well after midnight.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Doubletree, we do try to make sure the halls are quite and calm, but sometimes it is a challenge. Hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I came in late one night in the middle of a snow storm. The walks were not shoveled. There was a large group in the lobby that had pushed tables together, with trash and empty beer bottles all over the place. Good for them. I was tired and just needed to get to me room, but the staff was part of the action. They pulled away and took good care of me. However, the next morning, the remnants of the party the night before were still evident. At 8:30 in the morning, there were beer bottles and garbage around the lobby. It was pretty gross. There really has to be a better place in Holland.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Howell, MI, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was the first time I stayed in a Double Tree Hotel and it was very nice. The hotel staff was also pleasant. I loved that our suite had direct pool access!!! We love to swim and in this cold MI weather and indoor pool with walk out access was delightful! Definitely beat having to walk through a hotel in your swim suit and towel. The bathroom in our room could have been bigger but I would not trade the walk out pool access for that ever!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chaz D, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that your first Doubletree experience was a great one! We hope to see you again in the future.
Milford, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I reserved a king bed and when I arrived as a corp customer Johnson Controls I was given a double without telling me. I walk to the far side of the hotel and back to be talk to like I was a kid. I was told they always overbooked and anyway I was staying at discounted rate because of JC travel. We have a list of ten other hotels in Holland, MI I will be staying on my next trip to JC headquarters.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree, I am sorry about the challenge with your room type, we do sometimes have an issue where we are overbooked on a certain room type this is usually due to unexpected circumstances like heating or plumbing issues or quite often it is a guest who has to extend due to meetings or flight delays We value all of the guest the same no matter what the room rate happens to be. Please do give us another try.
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed February 17, 2014

It's a very nice hotel, has a great pool area with a ton of rooms actually on the pool. Hot tub, too. We arrived late, tried to find dinner in town but every decent place was booked so we had dinner in the bar, which also had the same menu as the restaurant (which, inexplicably, was closed).

Let's just say the dinner wasn't close to what they priced it at. We were very disappointed in it.

But the hotel itself was very clean and modern. One bit of advice for hotel owners: Get a sign that actually can be seen from the road when snow drifts are 5 feet tall!

Room Tip: If you have kids and like to take them to the pool, then you can get a ton of rooms facing it. If yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing the Doubletree and a great review. We do hope to see you again in the future.
East Greenwich, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was traveling for work in the region and selected this hotel from past experiences. As soon as I walked in, I knew I had made the right decision. A sense of luxury, combined with warmth and a professional staff made me feel right at home. Michigan in the Winter can be challenging enough with weather concerns. The Staff did their best to keep areas plowed and accessible throughout the many storms we had during my stay. The restaurant was priced very well and served as a fantastic alternative on some of the colder evenings. I have to say that I looked forward to going back to my alternate "home" each day we were completed with business. Well done!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It has definitely been a tough winter trying to keep up with all this snow. We are looking forward to seeing you back here at Doubletree!