“Nothing too special but that doesn't mean its bad”

Doubletree Hotel Holland
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very hard to find the entrance for this hotel. Its just a tiny sign and you can barely see the hotel from the road, at least in the winter and in the dark. Check in was very fast and very polite young lady with an accent. She heard we were there for the Hope Scholars day so she gave us a coupon for breakfast. The hotel is pretty clean and interesting layout. We didn't have time to use the amenities so I can't say anything about the pool area. The two major complaints I have are that the bathrooms were tiny with low water pressure for the shower and the heating/cooling system didn't not have a fan that could run without heating or cooling. For those of you who like some ambient fan noise, you'll be quite disappointed. Beds were comfortable. At 3AM the plows came out and started plowing the parking lot and when you have no fan to cover the noise, it wasn't very much fun for the next two hours. Sounded like it was right in our room. Breakfast was decent- neat little trick for a buffet to use Dutch ovens to keep the food warm. Haven't seen that before but I guess we were in Dutch Country. Everyone we encountered in the short overnight stay was pleasant and nice. If I'd gotten a little more sleep, I might have left them a better rating!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Doubletree, Thank you for the comments concerning the plowing with the winter just begining I will make sure to follow up on the times for plowing with the company. Hope to see you again and have a wonderful New Year .

There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Holland

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Love this hotel. It's the staff that makes it so wonderful. They have always been so helpful and accommodating. This was our 6th year staying her. The hotel is not fancy but super clean and the pool is fun. Holland is a great town.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank You very much for the kind words regarding the Staff, it means so much more when a guest acknowledges them, Thanks for staying with us and we hope you have a wonderful New Year and spend some of it with us.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The service, the amenities in the room, the cleanliness and friendliness of the hotel staff and I was most impressed with the cleanliness of the entire hotel. The location was excellent being just off a highway and adjacent to Holland giving us the opportunity to visit family and also go into Holland.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I just wanted to Thank you for the wonderful response, I will pass on the comments to all the staff especially the housekeeping department . We do hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Holland.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here with family for wedding event. Staff was super accomodating and professional. Facility is first rate, beautiful lobbies and event rooms. Accessible room was one of best we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review, I am so glad we were able to accommodate your room request,we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My room was very nice. Front desk check in was quick and efficient with a cookie of course :) Room service was quick, there was a very nice selection of food choices, prices were reasonable, and the food was very good with plenty of quantity. I also enjoyed that they had a special floor dedicated to Hilton Honors Members. It was also a special touch that they took the time to personalize a welcome letter for me and had chocolates waiting. I would definitely recommend and stay here again. Even though I did not visit the pool area, my room had a balcony that faced the pool area and it looked very clean and nice. Hotel location was a little strange and the way that it was positioned in parking lot as I entered in on the back side, entrance was hard to locate, but I do not consider that anything major overall.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, we hope ypu stay with us again in the future and the cookies are always available during your entire stay, just stop by the desk!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel itself was quite lovely. Very polite at check-in and check-out. I love the area and the front desk was very helpful in finding antique stores and restaurants in the area. The draw of staying overnight instead of coming home was to be able to sleep in, especially with a nice Sunday check-out time of noon. Imagine our surprise when housekeeping woke us up at 9:15 AM, banging on the door with a metal ring and yelling "HOUSEKEEPING!" through the door. So much for a nice, relaxing morning away from the kids! What a disappointment! The sole reason we hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign was to sleep in! Other than that, it was a nice stay. I'd LOVE to get my hands on the recipe for the cookies!!

Room Tip: Let the front desk know that you do NOT want housekeeping waking you up if you'd like to sleep i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel to be lovely that our staff was polite and our frond desk staff were helpful, however, I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you. I am so sorry if our housekeeping staff tried to enter your room early in the morning. I assure that this is very rare to happen as we make sure to respect all our guests’ privacy; however, I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Beautiful, new, clean with great helpful staff. A pleasure to stay at. Close to some "chain" restaurants and shopping. Close to hwy, easy in and out. Great facilities, pool, hot tub, restaurant, bar. Meeting facilities look great too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank You so very much for the great review, I will pass the kind words along to my staff, we hope to see you again in the future.