My wife, child, and I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holidays. Although our service in the past was pretty good, our last stay left a lot to be desired.
1. My wife called in advance and specifically requested a double room as we have a child. When we arrived after an arduous drive, we checked in and went to our room and was greeted by a single room. We called to the desk and spoke to the manager on duty, who replied, "Oh...I can give you another room." This may seem like a small thing, but when the little things aren't being done right, it makes one wonder about the big things.
2. The package purchased by my wife included free internet. When we got our bill the next day, we noticed we had been charged for internet service. I (once again) called the desk and was greeted with "oh...sorry..we can take it off your bill." Details!
3. Finally we went to the buffet for breakfast. There was no buffet. We waited to order and (despite my persistent wife asking several times over the course of 45 minutes), we were not even brought water or juice. When asked what was going on, we were greeted with a.) "I am new here" and b.) "We are understaffed." We left without ever receiving food.
I told the manager on the way out that there wasn't a buffet today. His response was, "Ya...I just was told that." Unreal.
We will be looking for a different abode next time we go to Holland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Doubletree by Hilton Holland. The Doubletree by Hilton Holland Michigan is a proud member of Hilton Hotels Worldwide. Enjoy all the benefits of the HHONORS® program during your visit to the Holland Area. The Doubletree by Hilton Holland, Michigan is adjacent to Johnson Controls and is within moments of all corporate and manufacturing facilities within the Holland, MI Area. With new, full-service upscale accommodations, the Doubletree by Hilton Holland is located just off U.S. Highway 31 within minutes of beautiful Lake Michigan. Our modern hotel is 35 minutes from Gerald R Ford International Airport (GRR) in Grand Rapids, Michigan and convenient to major manufacturing centers, I-196 and the Holland business district. The Doubletree by Hilton Holland is a warm and inviting hotel where you will be able to enjoy the comforts of:•168 spacious, contemporary guest rooms•High-speed wireless Internet access in all public areas•Indoor, Four-Story Relaxation Center with an Over-Size Swimming Pool, Whirlpool and Fitness Center with the latest in cardio and weight training equipment by Precor®•Dine at the intimate West Coast Grille•Relax and unwind at Coasters Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Holland
- Holland Doubletree