WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Not bad but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The lobby was spacious but was multilevel and seemed a bit wasteful. Nice bar/lounge, tiny convenience outlet, a few good spaces for groups to hang out. Staff was friendly. Room was spacious and clean, fairly comfortable beds, mini-frig, TV. Bathroom was small but clean. One dislike: TV reception was not good - they "did not have cable or satellite yet". Biggest turnoff for me was the proximity to the pool. It was convenient to have a sliding door out to the pool atrium, and the pool was quite nice, but the noise! There was extreme noise from the pool that traveled into our room until the pool closed at 10pm. Breakfast was not included in our package. We paid for the breakfast buffet which was decent but overpriced. Price of room was kind of steep. We found out that if we had booked directly with the hotel front desk we could have gotten a Hope College discount (if you have a student there, which we do) which would have saved us a fair amount from the internet "discounted" price.

Room Tip: If you have a family and want to have good access to the pool, request a poolside room, but be prepa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thanks for the kind review of the hotel, we are all big Hope college fans here at the hotel, was great having the NCAA teams here in November . We do offer a Hope college rate here at the hotel which includes the breakfast buffet , it is just one of the many local companies and schools that stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Farmington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This was my second 3 day stay at this hotel and both have been exceptional. The beds are amazingly comfortable. The service was great anytime I was looking for a place to eat or directions the front desk was more than happy to help. As a hilton honors member I did get breakfast passes and the breakfast buffet was delicious. A lot of options from fruit to pancakes to bacon and sausage.

The only note I should make is my room had a balcony that opened up to the area where the indoor pool is. There was noise you could here in the room and I was on the 4th floor. It didn't bother me but if you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for a room that doesn't over look the pool.

If traveling to Holland this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew S, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks so much for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at doubletree in Holland MI for a wedding in Oct. The hotel was fairly nice. Had a nice pool and jacuzzi. The staff was friendly. We stayed there along with several other couples and the biggest complaint between all of us, was the bathrooms at the hotel were very small. We had a wedding to go to in Saugatuck and looking back I think we would have been better off staying a little closer to Saugatuck. Nothing to really do in the Holland area. I personally think the hotel was a little pricey, but that's the Hilton name.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andrew S, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of our hotel amenities! I'm sorry for the challenges you had with the size of the bathrooms. We are working on a renovation that will increase the usable square footage in the bathrooms for a more comfortable experience.

I hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the future!

Thank you.
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in Holland, Michigan for 2 nights on a business trip and found that this hotel met all my needs. Best free wi-fi of any hotel, all my devices (laptop, iphone, ipad) quickly and automatically connected. Great work area. Had a quick dinner in the restaurant and it was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit the hotel again next time you are in Holland!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

In September 2012 we took 4 days to 'chill' at the DoubleTree while visiting local cities [e.g. Grand Rapids, Saugatuck, Holland, Grandville]. The rooms are clean and roomy enough for two! Breakfast was included and MUCH more than the typical continental offerings. Our room overlooked the pool but during the week there was no noise!

I highly recommend this location for easy access to downtown Holland and the freeways!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice if you have children wanting to swim!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time spent in beautiful West Michigan. I hope we will have a chance to host you again in the future!
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here overnight here for a conference being held at the hotel. Great room, great breakfast! We are Hhonors members & loved the chocolate chip cookies. The hotel was very clean & modern. Glad we found this place & we;ll come back & stay here for a vacation too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I'm glad we were able to meet your business needs, and look forward very much to hosting you for leisure travel! We will have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you at check in! :)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

As an HHonors member, I was warmly greeted by a friendly staff member with a walnut chocolate chip cookie, 2 waters in my room and a chocolate. Unfortunately, that's where the good times end. The hallways and guest room are filled with old, musty cooking smells and are in need of modernization. The smells are so pervasive that I am sneezing and I'm concerned that my clothing will smell in the morning. The mattresses need replacement; they are clearly worn and do not offer much support. As a business traveler, I expected more from the Doubletree Brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thanks for the review, I am sorry about the challenges you had here and am in the process of following up with housekeeping and public area to make sure we are deodorizing properly to address the lingering food smells, we would love to see you again.