“FOOD IN RESTAURANT/LOUNGE TERRIBLE”

Doubletree Hotel Holland
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Rooms were good value for the price. There is no trash can in the main room, only one microscopic can in the bathroom that was made further useless by being divided in half for recycling and garbage in separate compartments. Fail. Sorry housekeeping, I just piled the rest of my trash on a pile on the floor near the desk where another trash can SHOULD have been. Bathrooms are small and awkwardly laid out. Maneuvering into and out of the shower required some skill.

As a convenience, I ate dinner at the lounge/restaurant in the hotel HUGE MISTAKE. The food is all greasy, nasty, disgusting trash. My so-called steak looked like it was cooked, frozen, then microwaved just before being served to me. The Steak-Fries served with it were horrible and swimming in grease. The so called salad had brown lettuce. Half the patrons asking for something common at the bar (Blue moon, Miller Hi-Life, or Chardonnay) were told "we are out of that". They had two bottles of wine and maybe 6 kinds of beer, tops. Didn't even chance breakfast in the morning (which was NOT complimentary by the way). Will most definitely NOT stay here again, any place that is THAT slack with their food can't be trusted to do anything else right either.

Room Tip: Get a room elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We’re very sorry that you were disappointed with your entrée, and we’ve shared your comment with our culinary team. We’re improving our menu with your recommendations in mind. We’re also taking into account the limited number of wastebaskets in guest rooms. The next time you’re in the area, we hope you’ll come back to see the changes we’ve made and tell us what you think. We really want to provide you with the best guest experience. Thank you for helping us improve!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent 3 nights here for a wedding. The staff was wonderful. Tony at the front desk was on top of things to make sure that all of our needs were met. The rooms were super clean and I loved the toiletries. Beds were comfortable ( this is usually a big issue for me). I had already read about the small bathrooms, but they were very clean, with nice granite countertops and thick, oversized towels. Housekeeping staff was friendly. The inhouse restaurant was good, had a sweet waitress named Emily who was always smiling and friendly. Bar was also a nice place to relax and have a good time. Went and hung around pool area which was clean. Used the exercise room that had nice equipment and also some free weights. I loved that. Must say that it was one of the nicest exercise rooms I have been in. Will absolutely return here on my next visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is one of the nicest Hotels I've been in a long time. They have a wonderful breakfast the rooms are up-to-date and have nice furniture. The staff was extremely helpful they went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. They greeted me with a warm cookie is and were happy to give you directions around. This hotel definitely has five star service. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2012
Andrew S, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for our daughters wedding with many friends and family. The hotel is very nice and clean, the beds are heaven to sleep in and they have a wonderful breakfast. We had a pool side room, which worked out great for us. They were very accommodating to our needs and the staff was outstandingly helpful and very professional. The only problem was there was only ONE trash can in the room, but I did mention it to the manager that was on duty during breakfast and it was taken care of immediately. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad we could be a part of such a wonderful family event. Thank you so much for your feedback, and I hope we are able to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little small and they need another trash can in the room but overall nice. Housekeeping didn't clean our room one day but the front desk sent someone down when we told them. What really made a difference was Lisa! She was always smiling and having conversations with us when we came through the lobby! She is a assets to their team and made us feel welcome! Kudos to her for making our stay a great one!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thanks for visiting us on your recent stay in Holland , we strive for a friendly and knowledgeable staff to make your time in our wonderful city very enjoyable . Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was nice enough, but I was highly disappointed with the location of our room - right outside of the pool. In fact, our balcony overlooked the pool. All day, early in the morning, and late into the night, all we could hear were kids screaming from the pool. We asked if we could change rooms, and since it was Labor Day weekend, they were booked up and had nothing else available. Not ideal at all for a relaxing weekend. We won't be stayng here again.

Also, I'm a Hilton Rewards Member and I was not able to accumulate points because I booked the hotel on Priceline. That didn't help their case any.

Room Tip: Be aware of the location of the pool. If you want to be able to sleep, you might want a room away f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leannekmartin
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your response, I am very sorry about the room type, we were full during the hoilday but . we do try to change rooms for guest if it is at all possible. Unfortunately if you do book through any third party points and miles are not available this is a Hilton Standard. We hope to see you again in the near future .

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hubby and I stayed for one night on a Sunday, we were greeted with a very polite and helpful staff, we asked about downtown Holland, where the nice lady provided a map and directions on how to navigate around town, then she gave us a key to our room. This is no four points Sheraton, but definitely was clean and all the basics were provided, we used the pool and hot tub, which both were good. We had payed in advanced for the hotel through a third party, but in the morning we had a bill under our door... for Less than we payed, so we went to the front desk, and she confirmed that they had already received payment, and that the bill was a mistake...lol, I guess next time I will just call the hotel for rates, since it was about 30 dollars cheaper than what we paid. Overall, this hotel was very clean, the bed was comfortable enough, and we would probably book again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for the nice review, we do hope you stay with us again. Please do check before booking we run great specials and packages all year long. We have the fall gas package running now you get a 20 gas card and breakfast for everyone in the room the next morning!!