“The manager was very rude and discourteous”
Review of Days Inn Holland

Days Inn Holland
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed October 3, 2010

The manager was very rude and discourteous. The rest of the staff was friendly and tried to take care of the errors. The sheets were worn to the point that the fitted sheet would not stay on and we ended up sleeping on a bare mattress.
This stay was very much a damper on our wedding weekend.
Corporate was notified of the man's behavior, and I received one quarter of my bill in return as an appeasement

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marinecitymike
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Holland

Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed here after searching for pet friendly hotels in the Holland area. I have found that pet friendly motels tend to be a litte run down, or charge $75-100 to have a pet in the room. (we have a cat). The room at this hotel felt clean, which was my main concern. The sink is separate from the bathroom, which is nice, as well.
There is a decent restaurant right next door (the Goog). The pool is nice, although we didn't use it. The entire motel is nonsmoking.
The bad parts-nothing major, just frustrations: the AC was not on in our room and since it was 94 out, we were hot for quite a while.., We booked for 2 nights but they only gave us a room for one night, so our keys didn't work the next day. The breakfast wasn't wonderful- 2 types of cereal, fresh english muffins, toast, pastries, and the coffee was the worst I've had in years. Staff was friendly although overwhelmed a bit (motel is full).
My biggest issue though was the internet- it would disconnect every minute or so, so I couldn't upload any pictures or do anything that took longer than about 30 seconds.
Overall, I would stay here again if I come to this area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ssooss
Reviewed August 2, 2010

It is, as others have reported, remarkably filthy. We had to sit for a long time on the corridor floor (while manager tried to fix our lock) -- very unpleasant. But the greatest concern is that the two doors at one end of the building are completely unsecured. I'm surprised it's legal. There's no way of knowing who is congregating outside (it's like a hangout) or wending down the corridors. Incidentally, I agree that the night manager was friendly and conscientious.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emilew
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Stayed for one night, got great advice from the friendly night clerk (who had worked there for 15 years!) on places to eat and the next morning we were late getting down for the comp. bkfst and the manager was very accomodating in bringing stuff back out. Altogether a pleasant experience. We stayed at two other Days Inn locations on this trip primarily due to this experience.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed here last month and I have to say it was the worst hotel ever. When I first walked in I was greeted with the managers family sitting in the lobby talking loudly and obnoxiously in another language. The lobby smelled like salt and a wet dog. The young girl at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming and made my first impression of the hotel a little bit better. My room was disgusting! The toilet seat was cracked and leaked. Their were hairs on my pillow! To make it even worse, my room smelled like smoke when it was suppose to be a non-smoking room! STAY AWAY from this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2009

The entire first floor was supposed to be non-smoking. When walking down the hall to the room it was so smoke filled you could almost see it. We put a towel under the door to keep the smoke in the hallway. This helped a little, but because the door did not fit tightly (you could see the light coming through the entire edge of the door, the smoke came in anyway. The windows did not open, so there was no relief there. Although the rooms were clean, I would not stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We stayed only one night for the Tulip Time in Holland and this hotel was clean, comfortable and friendly.

The pool was under maintenance so we only saw it all dirty and closed.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family