“Awesome wings Awful, _itchy, Service”

Brann's Steakhouse & Sports Grille
Ranked #50 of 241 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I use to go to Brann's about once a week. Then it started getting frustrating with the waitstaff and we went to takeout. After that became a repeated disaster, we might simply not eat there again.

The two most recent experiences:
I called in an order for curbside (because I had my baby in the car) for 12 traditional wings, plain. I was told 15-20 minutes. I pulled in at the 15 minute mark...5 minutes pass and someone takes my card. Then the wait began...5 minutes, 10 minutes...nothing. The baby starts crying. I see another car pull up, walk in, get their order, and walk out...15 minutes...20 minutes I decided to quickly run in and find out WTF happened. NOTHING is QUICK about Branns. So, I've got one eye on my car, one eye on the useless hostesses. Why 2? The 2 of them together can't even function as 1 full human. All I want is my card back. They LOST my food. They are refunding my card...5 minutes...10 minutes...finally I said, "Where is my card? Just give me my card back." Finally, some one appears with card and voucher in hand. I grab it and run out the door. NO FOOD.

Redeeming the voucher:
I ordered wings to go. I asked how much my total was on the phone.
The response, "we don't know that. It's entered in a computer somewhere and then it's printed. So we have no idea. You will have to wait until you get here."
I arrive. My food is surprisingly on time, and wow, it's a correct order.
Then, I had to wait for the bill. And wait. And wait. While the 2 hostesses leaned against the wall, no eye contact, acting like I was a nuisance. When I got my bill, I ordered 12 more wings to which these zombies acted confused. Ugh. This is common among hostesses, waitstaff...just rude, unhelpful group of people. I swear you could put water in a pot and turn on the stove and they'd have no clue how to boil water...or maybe it's a hangover, or lack of care...or all of the above...whatever it is, it's frustrating. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

RestaurantManager13, Owner at Brann's Steakhouse & Sports Grille, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann’s here on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear about the experiences you had when ordering takeout from Brann's. We often hear of the many good things here at Brann’s but it’s helpful to hear when things aren’t so good as well. Please know we will take your feedback in regards to our server and hostess staff and use it to better our training. We’d like to learn as much as we can about your experience; if you are willing, please email admin@branns.com with the approximate date and time of your visit as well as the hostess names if you can recall. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Maybe I expect too much in a Steakhouse but I thought this one was just average. I had an 8 oz sirloin as there wasn't much choice in steaks on the menu. I had a "chopp salad" with blue cheese with a vinegret..... that was so so. It was OK but not GRRRRReat!

RestaurantManager13, Owner at Brann's Steakhouse & Sports Grille, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann’s here on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear that we didn’t exceed your expectations during your visit. We often hear of the many good things here at Brann’s but it’s helpful to hear when things aren’t so good as well. We understand that a great experience is much more than a great environment and service; the food must be great as well, we are sorry to hear the food you received during your visit was not outstanding. Please know we are always trying to find ways to wow our customers with great food. We’d like to learn as much as we can about your experience; if you are willing, please email us at admin@branns.com with the approximate date and time your visits as well as the dish you ordered if you can recall. I would like the opportunity to personally follow up with you. Thank you again, look forward to talking to you soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our food was well prepared and a good value. Our waitress could have been a little more friendly and helpful. Our main observation is that the place is dirty. The floors were dirty, the windows are dirty and the menus were not fit to touch. They are a sports bar, yes, but also a family restaurant. Clean it up!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann's here on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a dining experience that exceeded your expectations. Our staff takes pride in the cleanliness of the restaurant; we are also sorry to hear that the restaurant was not clean to your liking. We often hear of the many great things here at Brann's but it is helpful to hear when things aren't so good as well. If you are willing, please email admin@branns.com with the approximate date & time of your visit, our management team would like an opportunity to learn more from your feedback and do everything we can to create an enjoyable dining experience for every one of our guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went in just for a drink and ended up staying for trivia, snacks and more drinks. Great atmosphere, service and fun. Basic bar food but yummy. Fun night out.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Salmon was very yummy! But...when I asked if there was egg in the bread they offer, she replied "no, it's dough." I didn't trust the response and I get very sick if I eat eggs so I didnt try one. Then she comes back after a few minutes and says, "let me check on that for you." They do have egg.
My husband and I both got the salmon. I ordered garlic and he ordered the bourbon. One of the waitresses try's to hand us both the garlic salmon. We looked puzzled for a second and she hisses,"Figure it out." I thought I didn't hear her right but everyone at the table confirmed it. Never been talked to like that. Rude experience.

RestaurantManager13, Owner at Brann's Steakhouse & Sports Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann’s here on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear that we didn’t exceed your expectations during your visit. We often hear of the many good things here at Brann’s but it’s helpful to hear when things aren’t so good as well. We understand that a great experience is much more than just good food; the service must be great as well, we are sorry to hear the service you received during your visit was not outstanding. Please know we are always trying to find ways to wow our customers with great food and a great experience. We’d like to learn as much as we can about your experience; if you are willing, please email me at admin@branns.com with the approximate date and time your visits as well as your server name if you can recall. I would like the opportunity to personally follow up with you. Thank you again, look forward to talking to you soon.