“Best Thai cusine in West Michigan”
Review of Thai Palace

Thai Palace
Ranked #49 of 236 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Thai Palace offer authentic Thai cuisine. We've maintained our top ten list on trip advisor for many years. We have been awarded 2008 minority business of the year by Holland Area Chamber of Commerce. Highly rated by our local and visitor customers. Thank you everyone for all your reviews. We appreciate your inputs and opinions. We promise to continue our best to service you. Thank you!
Reviewed January 2, 2014

First some background. I lived in Thailand for years. I'm not Thai, but do speak the language, and have almost 50 years experience in Thai culture. My Thai wife and I owned a Thai restaurant here in West Michigan.

At this visit I had the Phat Khee Mao - ผัดขี้เมา - or as round eyes call it "drunken noodles." It was excellent. The flavors were right on the money for how it is supposed to taste. My only corrections to the dish would be to use real Thai chili's not the much milder Jalapenos and make it available with pork.

Also had their Tom Yum soup -ต้มยำ . Again the flavors were excellent and tasted as they would in Thailand. One suggestion. Be sure to tell novice Thai food eaters about the things which are there for flavor but aren't eaten. My personal preference is for a little less sweet, but that's my fault, as I didn't tell the waiter.

The service was excellent. A delight when dinning at any US "Thai" restaurant is when you find wait staff who actually understand Thai language. At least two in The Thai Palace did.

I will return.

1  Thank Robert_Peterson_Sr
There are newer reviews for Thai Palace

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have never had a bad meal here, and I love Thai food. The portion sizes are big enough for sharing. The restaurant has been remodeled recently and there is a separate walk-up window for takeout.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is our relaxed, no need to get dressed up stress free dinner or weekend lunch option while out running errands. The food Is good and portions are just right.
Recommend getting the spring rolls for the appetizer and the pineapple curry dish ( big enough to split if you get the spring rolls too). Meal is well priced for what you get and the place has been recently redecorated and the bathrooms are clean.

All around good option for thai food when in holland.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

There aren't a ton of Thai options in the Holland area, but this place doesn't disappoint. Their best deals are during lunch. I enjoy the chicken kao pad and my husband likes the drunken noodles. They make a great ginger jasmine chicken soup.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I eat at many Asian restaurants, Thai palace is the most expensive one. The service is fine, but the foods they sell is 3 to 4 times higher the price to other places. I usually give 4 or 5 dollars tip. I went there, cuz I don't wanna drive all the way to eat at Grand Rapids. Recently, I went to eat, I was so surprise that they included tip amount in the bill 8.90 dollars, which is equal 18% of the total food I ordered. In standard hotel restaurant they include from 10 to 15% the highest. But this restaurant is just a small country restaurant, and it charges customer way too much. And expect customer to give extra tip beside. I take my time write this review, because I can't believe people run such a business.