Best Western Plus Holland Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can't understand how this hotel has good reviews! It was being repainted on the outside when we arrived so we were unable to access the door close to our room (glad it's getting work done). We pulled into the back and there was garbage, cigarette butts, etc all over the parking lot. We entered through a back door which had a large tub full of water that was leaking from somewhere. When we finally got into the room the first thing we saw were 3 large bugs crawling around the bathroom floor...this room had apparently just been cleaned!! There was a cluster of bugs in the corner of the bathroom floor..disgusting! We asked for a refund, not staying in this dirty place! They said the head housekeeper would find us a suite on the upper floor..she walked right in on another guest!! The room was taken, how did they not know this?? For a VERY booked time of year we still opted to leave and try our luck out at another hotel/city...anywhere but there!!!!

Room Tip: One tip...find another place to stay!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 42747Lauras
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Holland Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Will never ever ever stay here again. The hotel room was so dirty, that upon check out I gave them an entire list of things that were wrong. First, after getting out of the shower, and walking on the carpet, my feet were black from how dirty the carpet was. The lamps were broken, dirty feet marks on the wall, microwave broken, TV from the 80's, really immature and young front desk staff. After complaining to the front desk - they only gave me $20 off my $200 bill! Awful!

Room Tip: Don't say here!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Anticipating a nice weekend without children turned into a nightmare. When we checked into this hotel I was skeptical. The surroundings looked really run done but I was hopeful the rooms would look better then the lobby and exterior of the building. I was wrong, there was blood on the sheets, hair on the blankets and used soap in the shower. The staff was not very helpful or accommodating. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I think this hotel is in the process of changing owners so hopefully things will get better.
1  Thank Geanie R
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A little inside tip for this hotel is that it's in the process of becoming a Best Western Plus. A lot of the upgrades are already done.We had a huge King room with new mattress and linens.Carpet and flat screen were also new.Even a microwave and fridge. I'm from Holland so I know how hard it is to get a hotel for under $200.00 a night in the summer. Our room this July was $109.00. I've stayed at many of the Hotels in Holland and have to say this was a bargain.The staff was really friendly.Rooms were very clean. The pool was warm, clean and open 24 hours. They had new great chair for handicap access that lowered you in the pool safely.That's the first I have seen in Holland. Breakfast was limited but who cares..as long as there is coffee, juice and cereal..it's off to the beach!We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Good location and pet friendly are the only positives to this property. Manager/Owner was drinking beer and being loud in front of his hotel at midnight. Always had to wait for clean towels, even at 5 PM.

Room Tip: Kirk Park was an excellent beach to take your dog.
2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was less than desirable. I found part of the reason was that it seemed to be overseen and run by very young (even teens) staff. When I checked into my room, there were half drank Coke bottles on the counter and the room was old. This hotel is an exterior entrance and interior entrance on the lower floors. The painting and appearance looks good on the website but leaves much to be desired. The breakfast room had spilled cereal on the counters (at late afternoon when we checked in) and many of the tables did not set level. We had guests in the room next to us that were very noisy until past midnight. We called the desk because we were not able to go to sleep. I finally plugged my ears and did the best I could. In the morning, upon check-out; I asked to speak to a manager. I was told there would not be a manager on site until 11:00 a.m. (Thus the problems I think).

In defense, we were told that the hotel is being changed to a Best Western and improvements will be made. I hope so.

Room Tip: Wait the the change to take place or choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had such an awesome time this past weekend. They gave us an amazing deal on our room- which happened to be super clean. The staff was extremely nice and polite. The hotel was all around quiet, and peaceful. The pool room was clean & comfortable. A great experience, we will be back !

• Stayed: June 2013