“Wasn't worth the cost”

Alpenrose Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenrose Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 241 Restaurants in Holland
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: There’s a difference between dinner and dining. Imitation and authenticity. Following trends and creating traditions. Inspired by the European Culture surrounding the Alps and the warmth of her people, we seek to craft evenings you’ll remember. Alpenrose is a celebration of flavor and life. Our patrons return time and time again to taste far more than their food. They come to taste the moment. They come to taste the alps. They come to celebrate 25 years of dining excellence.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Has 2 entrances which would make one of the entrances wheelchair accessible from the main street side. The other entrance was pretty with clean glass doors and tree door handles. Nice touch. The atmosphere was okay other than it was super loud in the dining room because of the wood walls and ceiling. It looked lovely and looked very clean but way to loud for me. The service was relaxed but maybe just a little too relaxed. We started off with the crab cakes. A little fishy and fell apart. The cucumber salad underneath the crab cakes was delightful but really cold. For dinner, I ordered the filet mignon, with a side of brocolli and whippped potatoes. The filet was very bland. Quite disappoining for the cost. The brocolli side was just warm but the flavorless mashed potatoes looked pretty. The Waldorf salad was excellent. I tried my dinner companions ribeye and it was excellent and flavorful.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

From the moment we walked in, we felt like there was something wrong with us. None of the employees smiled or seemed to care that we were there. We waited quite a while for our table, yet there were many tables available when we got in the dining room. We also waited quite a while for the waitress to come. We just got the buffet so there really wasn't much work to wait on us, but when my husband requested butter for his mashed potatoes he had to wait while the waitress took another table's order before she brought him 2 little pats of butter. There was not a lot of food or variety at the buffet. The food was warm, but not hot and the taste was satisfactory but not outstanding. We won't be going back. The cost definitely didn't match what we got. The restaurant and restrooms were clean and neat, but the decor was not exceptional either.

1  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

it was a lovely place, we had brunch. not a whole lot to choose from, being brunch. It was ok but have better. very good and friendly service.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have had lunch and dinner many times at Alpenrose with family and friends. It has
a pleasant, comfortable atmosphere where you can have quiet conversation with
your companions. I especially like the lunch buffet. There is a variety of food from
appetizers to desserts at a reasonable price. For dinner I enjoy the walleye.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Susie

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were pleasantly pleased with the food and service, along with the atmosphere at Alpenrose. Once we entered one of the delightful dining rooms, the distractions of the street left us and we concentrated on a delightful meal. Spouse had a chicken salad on crossant which she enjoyed. I had crab and shrimp served warm on an English muffin. The recipe reminded me of an old Savannah, Ga. delight. Service was excellent on this weekday during lunch. We would return.