“Wonderful place to eat!”

Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 236 Restaurants in Holland
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have had lunch and dinner many times at Alpenrose with family and friends. It has
a pleasant, comfortable atmosphere where you can have quiet conversation with
your companions. I especially like the lunch buffet. There is a variety of food from
appetizers to desserts at a reasonable price. For dinner I enjoy the walleye.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Susie

There are newer reviews for Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were pleasantly pleased with the food and service, along with the atmosphere at Alpenrose. Once we entered one of the delightful dining rooms, the distractions of the street left us and we concentrated on a delightful meal. Spouse had a chicken salad on crossant which she enjoyed. I had crab and shrimp served warm on an English muffin. The recipe reminded me of an old Savannah, Ga. delight. Service was excellent on this weekday during lunch. We would return.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were in Holland, MI and connected with some friends we had not seen in a long time. The purpose of this lunch was to reconnect - the food was secondary. But I soon realized that food is not one bit 'secondary' at Alpenrose! We sat outside and had wonderful service. I had the quiche Lorraine with fresh fruit. The quiche was wonderful - tender and tasty with flaky crust. The fruit was no ordinary bowl of fruit! This was a large bowl with 3 kinds of melon, oranges, blueberries, strawberries - all delicious. Our waitress, Joy, was attentive and cheerful. Will definitely return the next time we're in Holland.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We love Alpenrose restaurant. The food selection is very good plus the outside seating in the summer is wonderful, right on the main street plus a very private outside seating in the back.
I had the coconut shrimp salad which is so very tasty. The buffet is also a great choice for a reasonable price for lunch. We always enjoy the servers who are very pleasant and very attentive to our needs. Thank you Alpenrose for being one of our favorite places for lunch, or dinner.

1  Thank schony
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We loved the ambiance of the Alpenrose. The Ludwig Spatzle appetizer was very good, but the rest of the food was disappointing (we are used to good food at our own fine restaurant, the Blue Cow, in Big Rapids), especially for the price. Our waitress, Joy, was excellent, however.