“Sadly disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe

Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe
Ranked #4 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Sadly disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went here several times to make sure to try various things, however, I left last time deciding it was indeed my last time. The food is expensive and tasteless. No matter how many times I've been, I have not enjoyed the meal. They also don't really have any vegetarian options for those trying to stay away from the meat-heavy dishes. The bakery is good though and had some decent treats.

Visited October 2012

Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States
“Good food & drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lunch at the Alpen Rose was a pleasant experience. We both ordered the fish & chips and it was very nice. Light crunchy batter and great tartar sauce. The coleslaw was delicious. I highly recommend the strawberry mojito. Good service and decent prices.

Holland, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Breakfast Buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I visited Alpenrose for their Sunday breakfast buffet and I was very impressed. The selection was complete with egg dishes, pasta dishes, ham, and even a huge bowl of cold shrimp. They had even more than one thing for everyone and everyone left happy and satisfied. Our server was also very helpful and friendly, and recommended what turned out to be my favorite, a cold stuffed multicolor pasta salad. I would definitely go back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SailorEv
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great location to dine and people watch in downtown Holland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A colleague and I stumbled across a street fair while seeking out a place for dinner last week while in Holland on a business trip. We decided Alpenrose would be a nice place to dine since there was outdoor seating right in the middle of the action. I'm so glad we did. The service was friendly, the food and cocktails were very good (I recommend the spiked pink lemonade on a nice summer evening) and the location is great. Ill definitely be back when I'm traveling in the area again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hamilton, Michigan
“Grilled Romaine was a hit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a delicious meal in a pleasant atmosphere, our server was polite, attentive and helpful. We sat on the outside patio on a warm summer evening in Holland were very comfortable, location of this restaurant is great for visiting downtown Holland. My wife had the excellent grilled romaine salad, I had a summer salad with fresh fruit - very good. The parmesan crusted chicken had wonderful flavor and my wife enjoyed the french onion soup. We also enjoyed a chocolate eclair at the bakery and this finished the meal off nicely.