“Good food & drinks”

Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 236 Restaurants in Holland
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lunch at the Alpen Rose was a pleasant experience. We both ordered the fish & chips and it was very nice. Light crunchy batter and great tartar sauce. The coleslaw was delicious. I highly recommend the strawberry mojito. Good service and decent prices.

There are newer reviews for Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I visited Alpenrose for their Sunday breakfast buffet and I was very impressed. The selection was complete with egg dishes, pasta dishes, ham, and even a huge bowl of cold shrimp. They had even more than one thing for everyone and everyone left happy and satisfied. Our server was also very helpful and friendly, and recommended what turned out to be my favorite, a cold stuffed multicolor pasta salad. I would definitely go back!

1  Thank SailorEv
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A colleague and I stumbled across a street fair while seeking out a place for dinner last week while in Holland on a business trip. We decided Alpenrose would be a nice place to dine since there was outdoor seating right in the middle of the action. I'm so glad we did. The service was friendly, the food and cocktails were very good (I recommend the spiked pink lemonade on a nice summer evening) and the location is great. Ill definitely be back when I'm traveling in the area again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a delicious meal in a pleasant atmosphere, our server was polite, attentive and helpful. We sat on the outside patio on a warm summer evening in Holland were very comfortable, location of this restaurant is great for visiting downtown Holland. My wife had the excellent grilled romaine salad, I had a summer salad with fresh fruit - very good. The parmesan crusted chicken had wonderful flavor and my wife enjoyed the french onion soup. We also enjoyed a chocolate eclair at the bakery and this finished the meal off nicely.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have difficulty in finding restaurants as our family has a long list of food allergies, some severe, including gluten and tree nuts. I called to see what the Sunday buffet options were. The hostess spoke with the chef and he said he would modify the fish dish so we could eat that as well as several others that were GF on the buffet. There were also gluten free desserts.
We were delighted! The food was delicious, the waiter was terrific, and the building itself is simply beautiful. Their outdoor seating areas are lovely as well.