“For the Gardener”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“For the Gardener”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Blooms were scarce during our visit due to Michigan's prolonged Winter this year.
The admission price is a little steep in my opinion and Gardeners will enjoy this site the most.
If you are looking for different bulbs, or to change up your Gardens. This maybe the place for you.
I agree with another reviewer that the Portable Toilets is a bit primitive for this place, and the reputation as a regional attraction.
The Hand made glass is hand painted and crafted on site.

Dodgeville, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Veldheer Tulip Garden”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I and my friends visited as a gang on Saturday (May 4, 2013) to this place. We paid $10 per head. Unfortunately, not all tulips were blossomed that weekend. Since we did not go with high expectations, we were not disappointed a lot. It is not a big garden as such, but this is the only tulip garden that we have near wisconsin which suits for a one day trip. The most important thing that I don't like is they do not have proper restrooms. All the restrooms that were available were portable restrooms with no water. Though soap liquid is there, with no water, I don't know what we can do with that.

However, some of the tulips were nice. I have posted some of the photos on my facebook page. Not sure whether every one has access to see, but the link is here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201145558463347.1073741825.1301261091&type=1

Thanks,
Balaji.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Totally a sham”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited when I heard about the Tulip festival and started dreaming of acres of bright and beautiful tulips but we saw very few lanes of tulips of which 50 percent of tulips were still in the phase of buds.we paid $10.99 for few lanes of half blossomed garden.the garden itself is very small and not at all worth the entry fee even with full bloom.There are poor toilet facilities as there are temporary toilets set up there which are very unhygienic and dirty as expected.The gift shop has everything that is so over prized.totally not the place to go for tulip gardens.

Indianapolis, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Must see!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We came for the tulip festival & I was excited to see them! These gardens were absolutely beautiful. Had we waited another week I think more tulips would be in bloom & it would've been even more gorgeous. Admission is $10 but so worth it & I would go back again. It was a little crowded & it's hard to take photos without strangers photobombing but there are so many flowers to see & so many colors. This is truly a must see. Plus you can place your order for tulips while you're there. Can't wait til fall to plant ours!

1 Thank AshleyRN07
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Beautiful Tulips”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The tulip garden are beautiful and we enjoyed being abled to stroll the grounds. Plenty of different flower bulbs to buy.