“Good job!”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Holland
HOLT
“Good job!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed one night at the Microtel so we could be at the Holland Hospital for the birth of our third grandson. The service was very good and friendly. Breakfast for excellent. The room was very clean, but the bed was quite uncomfortable (mattress was too firm). Excellent value and location.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelHolland, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
It was our pleasure to welcome you as a guest at the Microtel Inn and Suites. We’re happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Our staff strives to provide each and every one of our guests with a memorable experience and it seems we met that goal with you. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We've used this Microtel a lot over the last few years and always had a pleasant stay. This past time they told me when I checked out I had a dog in the room that I didn't tell them about. Their tone was very accusatory and bordered on rude. I told them when I made the reservation online I indicated I had a dog. They told me these online reservations don't always "translate" well so that was very possible...so if that's true why the attutide at check out?? I pay the extra $$$ to keep the dog in the room but I will NOT stand for being accused of not telling them! I'll review this Mircotel with my wallet and when I go to Holland again next month I won't stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly disappointed to learn that your experience at our hotel was not more accommodating during your stay. We strive to create an enjoyable and pleasant experience and hope you will give us that opportunity should you return to Microtel Inn and Suites. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was not as you had anticipated nor what we aim to create for our guests. Thank you for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Holland hotels

Williamsville, New York, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have stayed at the Holland, MI Microtel a few times, but this past weekend will be our last visit - mainly because of the way we were treated by the manager at checkout. There were 4-5 parties checking out at the same time, and every single person had a problem with being overcharged at checkout. One woman was charged three times! The front desk clerk was trying to help all of us and was on the phone with the manager several times. After keeping us all waiting for well over 15 minutes, the manager finally showed up. He had been on the second floor the entire time, but couldn't be bothered to come down and help this poor kid resolve our checkout issues. He was rude and belligerent, and, therefore, no longer deserves our business. There are plenty of reasonably-priced places to stay in the Holland area to choose from.

1 Thank Sharon L
MicrotelHolland, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel;
I really do apologize for the disappointing stay you had, but I am really happy to inform you that we are under new management now and that we have learned from the mistakes made on the past, and its because of that, that I ask you to please give us another chance to redeem our hotel.
I really do hope to see you in the future.
Thank you.
Microtel Holland.
Novi, MI
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Microtel last weekend as part of a small group. Everyone in our group was happy with their room. It isn't an expensive luxury hotel, but it was more than adequate. The rooms were small, but the space was used well. My daughter and I had two big beds with a nice reading light over them, a storage area under the window made into a window seat and a good sized cabinet for hanging clothes. There was a coffee maker with coffee and tea bags in the room. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The heating system was easy to use and worked well.

The walls are a bit thin, so I could hear my neighbors talking. I could also hear people walking above me and hear some traffic noise from the highway. However, everything (including the traffic) quieted down by 11. I am a light sleeper, but I slept better than I usually do in a hotel. I was on the first floor and worried about hearing people at the desk, lounge or front door, but it was quiet.

There was free coffee and tea (including herbal tea) available at all times in the breakfast area. Breakfast didn't have a lot of choices - make your own waffles, cereal, apples, danish and bagels (and a toaster) with an assortment of cream cheese, peanut butter and various jellies. My waffle was fine. The microwave is available all night, so we could pop the popcorn we brought from home.

Our internet connection was good enough for iPods, but I couldn't connect my computer - not sure if it is an internet or a problem with my computer.

The hotel is fairly near a Meijer grocery store and several restaurants and not far from the sights in Holland. There are nice maps and tourist information at the front desk. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one facing toward a field in the back and away from the parking lot...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelHolland, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
What a great review. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location, and in particular, we're thrilled to learn that you had a restful night's sleep while staying at the Microtel Inn and Suites of Holland. We're certainly glad that your accommodations met your needs and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for your review.
IL
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was small but seemed clean. The bed was HARDER than a rock and I think sleeping on the floor might have been more comfortable. I saw another review elsewhere that talked about the front staff needing to be told to quiet down twice. I was also here that same evening and they were giggling and carrying on like a bunch of teenage girls. The ice machine on the 1st floor was broken and we had to take the elevator up to the 3rd floor to get ice. The elevator popped and cracked all the way up and down, which made me nervous. The continental breakfast was what you would expect... waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc. For the money, it was ok but the bed was a deal breaker for me staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
It is certainly regrettable that your recent experience was not more positive and we wish we had had the opportunity to address any issues you had at the time of your stay. We strive to create an enjoyable and pleasant experience and hope you will give us that opportunity should you return to Holland for another visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
FARMINGTON
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had to ask two front desk girls to be quiet twice. They were
laughing and carrying on, another guest thought it was comingvfrom another guest who was drunk!
This was unacceptable and I should of been offered another stay at no charge!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelHolland, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It seems we missed several opportunities to improve your experience during the time of your stay, and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. Please allow us to apologize for noise from our front desk staff. By receiving reviews like yours and acting on them immediately, we feel it gives us an added advantage in creating a better experience for all future guests. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we would hope for another opportunity to fully impress you in the future.