“Nice for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Holland
Novi, MI
“Nice for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Microtel last weekend as part of a small group. Everyone in our group was happy with their room. It isn't an expensive luxury hotel, but it was more than adequate. The rooms were small, but the space was used well. My daughter and I had two big beds with a nice reading light over them, a storage area under the window made into a window seat and a good sized cabinet for hanging clothes. There was a coffee maker with coffee and tea bags in the room. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The heating system was easy to use and worked well.

The walls are a bit thin, so I could hear my neighbors talking. I could also hear people walking above me and hear some traffic noise from the highway. However, everything (including the traffic) quieted down by 11. I am a light sleeper, but I slept better than I usually do in a hotel. I was on the first floor and worried about hearing people at the desk, lounge or front door, but it was quiet.

There was free coffee and tea (including herbal tea) available at all times in the breakfast area. Breakfast didn't have a lot of choices - make your own waffles, cereal, apples, danish and bagels (and a toaster) with an assortment of cream cheese, peanut butter and various jellies. My waffle was fine. The microwave is available all night, so we could pop the popcorn we brought from home.

Our internet connection was good enough for iPods, but I couldn't connect my computer - not sure if it is an internet or a problem with my computer.

The hotel is fairly near a Meijer grocery store and several restaurants and not far from the sights in Holland. There are nice maps and tourist information at the front desk. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one facing toward a field in the back and away from the parking lot...
      Cleanliness
MicrotelHolland, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
What a great review. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location, and in particular, we're thrilled to learn that you had a restful night's sleep while staying at the Microtel Inn and Suites of Holland. We're certainly glad that your accommodations met your needs and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was small but seemed clean. The bed was HARDER than a rock and I think sleeping on the floor might have been more comfortable. I saw another review elsewhere that talked about the front staff needing to be told to quiet down twice. I was also here that same evening and they were giggling and carrying on like a bunch of teenage girls. The ice machine on the 1st floor was broken and we had to take the elevator up to the 3rd floor to get ice. The elevator popped and cracked all the way up and down, which made me nervous. The continental breakfast was what you would expect... waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc. For the money, it was ok but the bed was a deal breaker for me staying here again.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
It is certainly regrettable that your recent experience was not more positive and we wish we had had the opportunity to address any issues you had at the time of your stay. We strive to create an enjoyable and pleasant experience and hope you will give us that opportunity should you return to Holland for another visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
FARMINGTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had to ask two front desk girls to be quiet twice. They were
laughing and carrying on, another guest thought it was comingvfrom another guest who was drunk!
This was unacceptable and I should of been offered another stay at no charge!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelHolland, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It seems we missed several opportunities to improve your experience during the time of your stay, and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. Please allow us to apologize for noise from our front desk staff. By receiving reviews like yours and acting on them immediately, we feel it gives us an added advantage in creating a better experience for all future guests. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we would hope for another opportunity to fully impress you in the future.
WARREN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good value, nothing fancy. Clean and comfortable. The stairways did have a "garbage" smell to them. Continental breakfast was good. Coffee maker in room was a bit dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Microtel Inn and Suites during your trip. We're happy to read that there were aspects of your stay that were enjoyable, but are concerned to see that other parts of your stay were disappointing. Comments and suggestions from our guests are always welcome, because they give us the ability to evaluate where improvements need to be made and where we are succeeding. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and appreciate all your feedback.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just stayed one night and for the price I wasn't expecting much. I think this is a fine place to stay - room was smallish, but the room and bath were clean which is most important. The location is good for exploring the west coast of Michigan . The price we paid made this a fabulous value given the inclusion of breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location, we're thrilled that it worked out so well for you. We are looking forward to greeting you again in the future, thank you for your review!