I stayed at the Microtel last weekend as part of a small group. Everyone in our group was happy with their room. It isn't an expensive luxury hotel, but it was more than adequate. The rooms were small, but the space was used well. My daughter and I had two big beds with a nice reading light over them, a storage area under the window made into a window seat and a good sized cabinet for hanging clothes. There was a coffee maker with coffee and tea bags in the room. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The heating system was easy to use and worked well.
The walls are a bit thin, so I could hear my neighbors talking. I could also hear people walking above me and hear some traffic noise from the highway. However, everything (including the traffic) quieted down by 11. I am a light sleeper, but I slept better than I usually do in a hotel. I was on the first floor and worried about hearing people at the desk, lounge or front door, but it was quiet.
There was free coffee and tea (including herbal tea) available at all times in the breakfast area. Breakfast didn't have a lot of choices - make your own waffles, cereal, apples, danish and bagels (and a toaster) with an assortment of cream cheese, peanut butter and various jellies. My waffle was fine. The microwave is available all night, so we could pop the popcorn we brought from home.
Our internet connection was good enough for iPods, but I couldn't connect my computer - not sure if it is an internet or a problem with my computer.
The hotel is fairly near a Meijer grocery store and several restaurants and not far from the sights in Holland. There are nice maps and tourist information at the front desk. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Microtel Inn And Suites, a Holland hotel near downtown and Nelis Dutch Village. The Microtel Inn And Suites hotel is conveniently located on U.S. Highway 31, minutes from businesses like Johnson Controls, 7-UP, Haworth Inc. North American Headquarters, RR Donnelley and an industrial park. This Holland, MI hotel is one mile from Nelis Dutch Village family theme park, the annual Tulip Time Festival and many Lake Michigan beaches. Windmill Island, featuring a 240-year-old working Dutch mill, Hope College and downtown Holland are less than one mile from this Michigan hotel. Enjoy recreational activities in the surrounding areas of Allegan, South Haven, Grand Haven, Saugatuck and Zeeland.Our property features free Local and Long Distance calling within the Continental U.S., Free WIFI throughout and a Free Continental Breakfast. We also feature an on site Guest Laundry for your home away from home needs. Pets are welcome for a nightly 15 Dollar fee per pet with a maximum of 2 pets per room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Holland
- Microtel Inn & Suites Holland Hotel Holland
- Microtel Holland
- Holland Microtel