Just returned from the hotel today, all in all not a bad deal for what it is, i.e. an economy-priced accommodation that promises little, is pet friendly and actually quite clean. I generally prefer 4 or 5 star hotels, but since it was a quick getaway on a budget with a 10 pound happy dog, it was fine.
The hotel staff was polite and the rooms were cleaner than one particular 3 star hotel I had the displeasure of booking (and quickly changing). The hotel has NO KING beds, so we took the "larger" layout with two queens. I would suggest just get a suite-- which desk staff did not offer (it's only $10 more per night), they should at least offer....
Room was a bit stuffy (yet ODOR FREE); the windows open, so no problem! Walls and ceilings are on the thin side, so don't be surprised to hear your neighbor to the side or above you. Shower pressure was consistently high and the water got nice and hot. I never went down for (complimentary)breakfast so I have no comments other than the area appeared clean from afar.Vendo-land (vending machine) was a bit costly: $1.35 for a small bag of chips? Just stop by a store prior to arrival.... The beds were comfortable enough to provide a pain-free and restful night's sleep and the linens were nice and clean and of a higher quality threadcount. Bath towels and washcloths were fine too. A blanket would be nice--and perhaps since the season is in transition now, that is something reserved for fall/winter.
I would actually stay again in the future. Hopefully they will offer dog treats-- it would be a nice touch.... Afterall the price of offering comp doggie treats could be offset by upselling rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Microtel Inn And Suites, a Holland hotel near downtown and Nelis Dutch Village. The Microtel Inn And Suites hotel is conveniently located on U.S. Highway 31, minutes from businesses like Johnson Controls, 7-UP, Haworth Inc. North American Headquarters, RR Donnelley and an industrial park. This Holland, MI hotel is one mile from Nelis Dutch Village family theme park, the annual Tulip Time Festival and many Lake Michigan beaches. Windmill Island, featuring a 240-year-old working Dutch mill, Hope College and downtown Holland are less than one mile from this Michigan hotel. Enjoy recreational activities in the surrounding areas of Allegan, South Haven, Grand Haven, Saugatuck and Zeeland.Our property features free Local and Long Distance calling within the Continental U.S., Free WIFI throughout and a Free Continental Breakfast. We also feature an on site Guest Laundry for your home away from home needs. Pets are welcome for a nightly 15 Dollar fee per pet with a maximum of 2 pets per room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Holland Hotel Holland
- Microtel Inn And Suites Holland
- Microtel Holland
- Holland Microtel