“Everyone was very pleased with accommodations”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Litchfield, IL
“Everyone was very pleased with accommodations”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights with 2 granddaughters and a friend - ages 11, 15 and 15. No complaints from any of them. Because we were about 15 minutes from the beach, the price was much lower than other hotels. We needed 2 rooms so that was important. Our rooms were nonsmoking and adjoining. Since we didn't plan to go back and forth from the beach, it didn't matter that we weren't right on it. The rooms were large and very clean. It was nice to have lots of electrical outlets. Could have more towel racks in the bathroom. Breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank grandma1940

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Reserved a suite, equipped with a refrigerator and microwave, nice to have. Room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful. Love the window seats, nice quiet place.

2 Thank Sub1945
charleston wv
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed July and July 25 in room 117 what is on the bottom floor and next to the reception area. Our room was very nice and clean with a great bed. The continental breakfast in the morning had a nice selection of cereal, pastries, bread/bagels, juices and great coffee. We stayed 2 days and had plans to stay 2 more days but the second night we could not sleep because the tv in the reception area was so loud. I went out of bed to see who had the TV on so loud. It was the clerk who was watching TV and I asked her if she could turn the TV down. She did, but she did not like it and from 11 pm till 12.15 am she put the TV on and off on loud what was very rude. We checked out but someday we will be back but not in room 117. For the price it was a very good deal. It is close to everything and close by are many places to eat. Too bad the clerk had no manners. The cleaning people were nice and the girl who checked us out July 25 at 10 am was very nice and made up for the rude clerk. .

...

1 Thank mariadutch
colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Was greeted by a gum-chewing gal who obviously didn't care. My daughter and I observed the empty case of cookies and I asked if there were any more, and her reply was, "Well, Noooo." Then she removed the case before finishing up checking us in. We got on the elevator which was pretty dirty. Got to our room, which WAS clean and orderly. After briefly unpacking, we continued out for a quick bite to eat and returned via the side entrance. It was not locked - no need to use the card for entry. I spent a few minutes filling out my survey of my stay card that was in my room, and the next morning I left it with a new gal at the front destk. I indicated that the side door wasn't locked and she said that they (referring to all the doors) never are. I also indicated that I would be out for the day but in later. Guess what, I never heard from anyone at the hotel about our stay. I acquired my bill the next morning and left. A few days later I contacted the customer service people at Wyndham (they are the umbrella company that owns Microtel) and they opened up a case concerning my stay. They said I should hear from the manager withing the next 5 business days. Guess what? NEVER heard from the manager. Again, I contacted Wyndham and told them I wanted the case escalated. I heard from the next level and this time they must have held a branding iron to the manager's feet. ALL I wanted was for SOMEONE from the hotel to acknowledge my complaints and apologize for the lousy service. FINALLY, I heard from the manager. Yes, he apologized, but told me he had tried to call, but didn't leave a message (right). He stated he had spoken with the girl that had checked me in and that the doors were just temporarily not locked (hmmm, why would the girl at the desk state that they are always open??) Anyway, for the money, Microtel has clean rooms (not necessarily anywhere else) but lousy customer service. So if you are just looking for a clean bed and don't mind the lack of manners, then I guess I would say go for it. By the way, I did NOT eat breakfast there, so I cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingalColorado

Travelers are raving about these Holland hotels

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here on our way up the coast of lake Michigan. This is really a nice place to stay. It seems fairly new. It was close to activities we wanted to participate in eg walking in the park along the river and visiting Tulip Island. Staff was very helpful, room was clean, rather small but it worked well for our needs. Bathroom was clean and nice. We were able to walk to a restaurant closeby and the people of the city seemed very friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank traveler1075
Charlotte
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night while passing through Holland, MI. The hotel was convenient, clean, comfortable and quiet. The bedding is lovely quality and our 2-queen bed room was spacious enough to be very comfortable. The continental breakfast in the morning was not nearly as spartan as we had expected - nice selection of cereal, pastries, bread/bagels, juices, coffee. Overall, this hotel exceeded our expectations and we have already recommended a stay there to my sister. The room rate was so reasonable, too, and the internet worked flawlessly. Excellent!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank barbodarbo
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was one of the most disgusting hotels we have stayed at. Our room had a big, black, foot print of a boot on one wall and some kind of dried "fluid" dripping down another wall. The shower curtain rod was not quite long enough and crashed down when closing the curtain. The very small, complimentary, breakfast room was packed with 2, 4-top tables, an ice machine and 3 vending machines! It was almost impossible to get to the food as it was so small and cramped. And the floors were covered with sticky syrup and the counters were a filthy mess. Nothing looked appealing to consume in that environment. A large full size tour bus was parked across the front spaces of the hotel taking up all the close, prime parking spaces. Overall, this was a very disappointing stay. We noticed 2 signs that indicated they may have been a very nice place to stay several years back. We will pay closer attention now to the dates on the reviews, as things change!

5 Thank ztheworld