“No passport required!”

Nelis' Dutch Village
Ranked #3 of 60 things to do in Holland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A visit to Nelis' Dutch Village is like a step back into the Netherlands of over 100 years ago on a day when a festival came to town. Watch old Dutch craft demonstrations and Dutch klompen dancers. Taste 22 kinds of Dutch cheeses, beautiful Dutch architecture and listen to the Golden Angel street organ. Includes unlimited rides on the Ferris wheel, carousel and Dutch chair swing ride. Unique shopping, Dutch cafe and pub, and fudge and ice cream.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went here early during the week of Tulip Time Festival to avoid any large bus crowds. I was able to take my dog as well. It was a fun little mock Dutch village (I think it would be nice if they put some kind of barrier up to block off views of the highway.)

The grounds were well maintained and all the employees were very friendly. Lots of fun picture opportunities. Watch out for one of the grey geese who likes to chase people around. The shops are full of authentic Dutch products, the wooden shoes and blue & white china. The cafe had some light lunch fares.

I know if my 5 year old niece with me she would have had a great time on the little rides and seeing the few animals also on the property.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Holland, Michigan is a pretty little town, made even more so by the thousands of tulips in bloom all over town. However, beware of tourist traps, namely the Dutch Village. It's a collection of tacky souvenir stores gathered in one place, and you're charged $10 per person for the opportunity to shop there. The only store worth visiting is the Holland House Candle store - beautiful works of art there. There's a small amusement park area for little ones, but the rides are not great and are not well-maintained. For example, the merry-go-round broke while my son and I were on it, and covered us with grease. There's also an unattended zipline ride on the bank of a small stream. The staff, however, are unfailingly friendly and polite, but I'd advise skipping this "attraction."

1  Thank nolarhoco
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I visiting this weekend during the Tulip Time Festival (without any children). As previous member's say the location isn't great. On a busy commercialized portion of 31. But once you are in the park (even though you can see the road and lots of surrounding stores from some areas) I think it's o.k. The dance demonstrations were very nice. We also rode the swings which were fun. There is also a carousel which we did not ride. Lots of photo opportunities, demonstrations and activities. You can also learn alot about the Dutch culture and heritage. The park is not very big, but nice enough for 1-2 hours. I would say closer to 2 hours if you have children as there are quite a few activites for them to do. I thought for the $10/adult admission it was worth it and recommend checking it out.

2  Thank lovinlifeinmichigan
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Dutch Village based on locals recommendation. I would suggest Windmill Island. Dutch Village was a poor recreation.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

When we arrived I was instantly turned-off by the location. Once in the park it seems okay but outdated. There were a lack of staffing when we were there and appeared to more stores than actual things to do. Had I not had a groupon to get in for half price I would have been really disappointed.