Residence Inn Holland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Economy Inn(Holland)
Teerman Lofts(Holland)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suiteindustrial areadowntown hollandtwo burner stovecanadian baconsmall kitchenfire pitdvd playerswivel tvextra spacegreat facilitiesonline reservationstay there againwaffleseach eveningroom was super clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This was our first experience with a Residence Inn and didn't have any issues with our 2 night stay. The property was very clean and well - maintained with some nice features like an outdoor courtyard with a grill and evening fire pit type thing.

The hot tub was the most powerful one I've ever experienced and was perfect after a day full of running, biking, and beaching. The pool was a good size and shaped so you could do some short laps in it. Since the weather was nice we didn't try the fitness center but the equipment looked up - to - date and well kept.

The breakfast included several hot offerings and was well attended. All of the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. I noticed the manager came out of her office and was helping keep up the breakfast when it was super busy on the 4th of July. That impressed me and I saw several instances folks helping others so that guests needs were met.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Residence Inn! A nice soak in the hot tub does sound wonderful after the eventful times you had. On behalf of my staff and I, thank you for your compliments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

For the price a few things to be desired. Not the easiest location to find. In an industrial area safe but just not conveniently located. Our suite 220 was overall nice but the bath tub had a mat at the bottom that was black because the staff is not cleaning it well enough after each guest. A little comet goes a long way. I do not feel paying over $210 a night after taxes justifies that. The mat should be replaced or cleaned properly. The breakfast if you can get to it due to hungry grumpy people is a little disappointing. The staff was very nice but if you need anything after hours better be prepared to go get it yourself. Again for the money they could staff someone to run things like an extra sheet to the room. Was ready for bed and realized we needed one had to get dressed and go get it ourselves. Over all a nice stay but some of the details need to be better thought.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. All feedback, positive and negative is appreciated. We do our best to ensure guest's expectations are met. Most times, especially during a holiday weekend, there is more staff on hand than usual. I'm not certain of the exact details of your sheet request, but the staff should have been able to bring that to you. I understand your frustration for being ready to relax and then feeling as if you had to get this yourself. I do apologize for that. Breakfast is definitely a busy time. Our goal is to make sure that food is kept stocked, hot food hot and cold food cold, all while keeping tables clean and available for guest use.
I hope you had a nice holiday weekend overall.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Nice hotel. Clean, well maintained, good selection of TV channels compared to other Residence Inns. Breakfast was slightly below Residence Inn average. Seating area was a little small and serving area was cramped. Location is better situated for business travelers than tourists. It is quite safe, however a bit away from 8th Street and the water. Staff was a bit aloof compared to most Marriot properties, but the were not rude by any means. Thought the cost was on the high side for the area, but not dramatically so.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Holland for your recent stay.I am glad to know that the rooms and TV channels were to your liking. Our location is not for everyone, some prefer to be downtown. For those that don't; we are less than a 10 minute drive. I'd like to hear more about our staff as your experience is not the standard we want to display.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This Inn does NOT meet the expectations that we had for a Residence Inn. We depend on the kitchen in each room (one of the reasons for staying at a Residence Inn) being complete when we are traveling. The kitchen was lacking, no laundry bag...many details were not taken care of. When we checked out, my husband asked to speak to the manager and was told the manager was in "laundry". She was actually behind the wall of the receptionist and refused to take the time to talk to him. What kind of manager behaves in this way? Not a successful one!

Room Tip: Make sure the kitchen in the room is well equipped before you unpack and get settled. Better yet, don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello Melanie,

I am very sorry that you feel our hotel did not meet your expectations. If there was anything not present in your room, I do hope that you asked for the items as they would have been brought to you- even though you are correct that the items should have been in the room.
I am not certain as to which manager you are speaking of, but I have never refused to speak to a guest. I appreciate all feedback, both good and bad, as it is all a learning opportunity for the hotel. If you could please, contact me at andrea.kaminsky@marriott.com and please elaborate on your stay. I do not have any details from this review and would like to know more.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stay at alot of nice hotels for work and I have never stayed at a residence inn. Always thought they were more for muti night stays. My wife and I had a out of town wedding and looked on different sites for rates and reviews. We were surprised to see a single night was only $119 when others were $140+ so we booked the room. WOW! What a great room, tons of space about 3 times that of normal room. Full kitchen with nice flatware and dishes, fully equipt, large setting area L shaped couch plus 2 chairs, footstools. Room was super clean and colorful. Lots of nice artwork 6 pictures. Real windows with screens. A good size flat screen that swiveled around from seating area to bed. And the bed was clean and very comfortable. Very nice bathroom area, super helpful staff. Slept so good missed breakfast. My only problem was I could not stay longer, I had to go back to work. This is why all hotel rooms should be! We will always look for residence inns for future stays. Oh and pet friendly as well. So bring that dog.

Room Tip: Just because a hotel is set up for muti night stays does not mean they ont have great rates. Ck residence inn first.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you so very much for your review! Sounds like we made a new fan of the Residence Inn by Marriott brand and I am a fan of that! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I hope this means we will be seeing you again!