“My new go-to hotel on the west coast!”

Residence Inn Holland
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Michigan
“My new go-to hotel on the west coast!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here over Labor Day weekend. I was really thrilled to find a hotel at the government rate close to the beachtowns because I usually stay in Grand Rapids to save a little money. And of course Holland is one of the beachtowns but I wanted to go to Saugatuck and South Haven on this trip. The staff is super friendly and very helpful-I needed to find a Biggby and they gave me directions and were very patient when I had to call back when I got turned around!! I was on the third floor and actually had a suite where the bed was in a separate bedroom. Full kitchen, comfortable couch/sofabed and comfortable bed. I did not use the pool but it looked fine and there is a fitness room but it's pretty small. They had a very extensive, well stocked breakfast and during the week they have food in the evenings. I don't know how full the hotel was but I never heard people on either side of me and didn't hear other guests except for a loud family in the hall. People mentioned that its not close to downtown and that's actually not true-I went there twice and it's only ten minutes. The hotel appears to be in the middle of nowhere but its very close to restaurants, Meijer, a movie theatre and downtown. Holland State park is a 20 minute drive. I look forward to returning there next summer.

Room Tip: I've learned to ask for third floor because you don't have people stomping upstairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jwax67
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello!
Thank you so much for all your positive comments about your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all that we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again!

Andrea Kaminsky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is clean and very accomodating. The first night in room 304, the Direct TV wouldn't work and the air conditioning sounded like the deck of an aircraft carrier. The next day they moved us to another room. Much quieter, and the TV worked. Nice pool area, but it was busy so I never got to try it out. There is also a nice outside patio, but again it was always packed so I never got out there. Breakfast was good, and the staff was on top of things. The only bad thing is the location. It's not bad going into Saugatuck but everywhere else is quite a drive. Walls seemed to be a little thin. The room next to us woke us up the first night and it sounded like they were in our room.

Room Tip: High floor. Room 313 was nice. There is no view at this place so don't worry about that.
2 Thank GregM33
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland!
I am so sorry to hear about your TV and AC. I am glad to know that the staff was very accommodating to you and your second night was much better! I do hope when visiting the area again you will give us another try!

Chicago
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Really nice hotel - very clean and comfortable, but the price was a little more than we felt was reasonable considering it is not located close to downtown Holland. We were here in the summer, but there were no festivals or other special events going on. Many of the hotels were booked, so this may be a competitive rate, but it still seemed a little high.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PamsTrip
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable! Holland is a high demand summer vacation spot for many people. I assure you that our rates are very comparable to other hotels in the Holland area. We believe in rate integrity and providing our guests a great experience.

I hope that you found other parts of your stay enjoyable and that you will return to stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2013

There is no complaints that can be made about this hotel, it is clean, comfortable, and family friendly. I am always iffy about staying at hotels because you don't know who has stayed there before you; but staying at this Residence I felt like there was nothing to worry about. It's no five star hotel with valet parking or room service, but like I said before it is clean, comfortable, and family friendly.

(But I would suggest not eating the breakfast, there is no nutritional value at all and a waste of calories!)

2 Thank Cmgerdes
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland! We defintely appreciate the 5 stars! The team and I do our best to make sure each guest has a great stay. Where as you are correct, we do not offer valet parking or rooms service, we do try to be excveptional with the services we do offer! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We offer a large variety of foods with healthy, low calorie options.

We do hope to see you on your next visit to Holland.
Rochester, MI
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here with 12 other family members for a reunion. The hotel is very nice, rooms are large (had a few 2 bedroom suites). The rooms are very accomodating with everything we needed in the kitchen. We used the pool which was great, our kids were the only ones in it! The firepit was great in the evening and the adults used it every night. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal etc. It was always well stocked and clean. The hotel is a little out of the way, but its easy to get to Holland and Saugatuck. We will definitely stay here again!

3 Thank karenl0323
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello! I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland! This weekend is the first time our new patio was 100% functional and I was excited to see so many people using it! The fire pit is pretty great as I'm sure many people will find out!
It's always nice to hear the positive things about a guest's stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the spacious suites as well as the full hot breakfast! Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is appreciated.

We look forward to your next trip to Holland!
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Residence Inn is usually a safe and comfortable hotel to select and I was pleased with my room overnight. The decor and furniture was modern and aesthetically pleasing with a full kitchen and serving wares for four people. The layout is a bit strange as you have long corridors to get to your room unless you happen to be next to the only elevator in the hotel, (which is very slow!). Breakfast was very good but extremely busy. I highly recommend the hotel purchase another waffle maker as they had 12 people in line to use the only one provided. The location is very convenient to the Saugutuck area and would stay again on a return visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steven T
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hello and thank you for your positive review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland! I am glad to hear that you found the room decor pleasing and breakfast to your liking...it can get very busy at times! We certainly do our best to manage it and keep food stock and the flow moving. Waffles are certainly a fan favorite and we sometimes do put out 2 waffle makers. I apologize as apparently we didn't during your breakfast and it would have been helpful!

We look forward to your next visit to Holland!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here because my family loves vacationing in the Saugutuck area. We were about 15 minutes away from all the things we like to do. Every single member of the staff was so genuinely friendly- not friendly because it's their job- just really nice, helpful people. This alone would make me stay here again. The free breakfasts in the morning are great- especially for the kids. We wished there was an oven in the room, but the stove and microwave worked well for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone who needs a little more than just a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth B
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello and thank you!
I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here and Saugatuck too! The staff takes great pride in their work and the hotel and it does show! They are a great team! We do offer some rooms with ovens so on your next visit here, please request it and we will do out best to get you into a room with an oven!

Look forward to seeing you again!