“Good place to sit outside with drinks and chips and salsa but not dinner”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #58 of 236 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a nice place to sit outside on the patio on a beautiful summer night. The drinks were good and the warm chips and salsa were delicious. The food wasn't very good at all and our server was very inattentive - he was too busy doing his night-time chores.

There are newer reviews for El Rancho

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let me start by saying the restaurant atmosphere is really cool and they have lots of seating. Be careful going on a weekend evening because they are packed. The chips and salsa and queso cheese sauce are really good, and the margaritas are excellent and downright loaded with alcohol. The hard part is that the waiters don't seem to know much English, so it's hard to communicate how you want something prepared. I've had some pretty good dishes there, but watch out for the steak dishes - they are incredibly salty. We had to send 2 meals back because of this, and they did take them off of our bill. They could definitely do better if they could speak a little more English and cut back on the salt a little - put a shaker on the table instead.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have eaten here many times and the food and service are always good. Addition of outdoor patio is a plus.

1  Thank Jabpo22
Reviewed February 21, 2013

lunch or Dinner that you can save money on. Great food cold drinks fast service. I have been there many times never a disapointment.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Mexican food is not my first choice, so it took us five years before we visited El Rancho for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. Decor is for my taste too overwhelming, but I have seen worse places. Service was good and fast both times. Huge menu with all kind of combinations. Very reaonable lunch menu prizes. Dinner prizes are average. Liked the fresh tasting salsa and chips (I like silantro). The fajitas were very tasty, beans and rice average. Pico de gallo was good and I also liked the guacamole. The second time around I had a #12, Beef burrito (not very exciting), Chile relleno (liked it very much). Authentic? I don't want to venture there. Had Mexican food on both sides of the border and the variations in preparation varied here and there. Bottom line: I liked it and will visit El Rancho again.