“Visited the first time in five years and went back the same week”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #51 of 247 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Mexican food is not my first choice, so it took us five years before we visited El Rancho for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. Decor is for my taste too overwhelming, but I have seen worse places. Service was good and fast both times. Huge menu with all kind of combinations. Very reaonable lunch menu prizes. Dinner prizes are average. Liked the fresh tasting salsa and chips (I like silantro). The fajitas were very tasty, beans and rice average. Pico de gallo was good and I also liked the guacamole. The second time around I had a #12, Beef burrito (not very exciting), Chile relleno (liked it very much). Authentic? I don't want to venture there. Had Mexican food on both sides of the border and the variations in preparation varied here and there. Bottom line: I liked it and will visit El Rancho again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went on a very busy night but was seated right away. The free chips and salsa were very good, especially the salsa. Mild, but hot sauce was on the table to heat it up.

Food had good flavor and not too salty. Had chorizo tacos and even though the presentation was underwhelming, the taste was fine, along with the pico de gallo. All the food tasted fresh, the service was quick if not particularly attentive. Strong, vibrant Mexican decor in a strip mall setting.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The enchiladas I ordered were fresh tasting and filling with the right amount of sauce and cheese. Chips and salsa were excellent. The atmosphere very festive and colorful. Although the carpet looked like it needed a cleaning and the wait staff wasn't too friendly I'll most likely visit again.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have been to El Rancho many times and have never been disappointed with my meal choices. Excellent flavors in all of their dishes, plus you can get any size meal you want, from just a taco or two up to large combo plates. Very good margaritas as well! Plus a fun decor tops it all off.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

The atmosphere is fun, the staff is friendly and attentive. However the food is gross. The chips and salsa were good but that was about it. There is no difference between and enchilada or burrito. It is all very salty. My meal was on the cold side. The meat inside my husband's burrito was charred. We won't go back again. And, we didn't complain b/c we didn't want to go through the hassle as there was a language barrier.