“Hey! There were no bed bugs!!”
Review of Economy Inn

and 1 more site!
Economy Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Chicago area
“Hey! There were no bed bugs!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Our car tire blew and forced a cheap stay overnight in Holland. My sister found Econolodge on-line, and I called in a reservation. Approaching the property, I encouraged my kids to play the "Sanford and Son" themesong on our I-Pod. From the outside, it's not the prettiest property. However, the room was decent enough and there were no signs of bed bugs! : )

There were noticeable amounts of hair on the bathroom floor, which creeped us out, and the room smelled like it had been goosed with Febreze. But the toilets, tub, sinks and beds seemed clean.

The continental breakfast was OK. Coffee was good. Orange juice, cold cereal, white bread and store-bought/lower-quality donuts. I've had better, but it was definitely better than having to go out for breakfast.

Given the choice of hotels, this wouldn't be my first, but it was decent for the money. In Holland, the other hotels were renting for $40-60 more per night.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank spud_girl2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Michigan
Reviewed July 21, 2007

we had made our reservations with the hotel next door- Best Inns and Suites. After spending all day at Michigan Adventures with our 6 children we went to our hotel. They said that our room had problems & sent our reservation to The Econolodge . As soon as we walked through the door the person behind the counter started yelling at us gone its gone. She had sold our room for a higher rate to someone else. She was yelling at us & telling us to get out & goodbye. Not only was it embarresing cuz of the other people in the lobby, but we had 6 tired kids & no where to sleep. We was on vacation with our family & far from home. It was THE worst experience we have ever been through. I wouldnt recommend this place to a dog.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MichiganMommyofsix

Travelers are raving about these Holland hotels

Morgantown, WV
Reviewed August 17, 2006

I had returned from my stay at Holland MI Econo Lodge. It was a horrible experience. There were hundreds of hairs on the bathroom floor. The wall in the bathroom had stuff splattered on the walls which looked like blood. The lamp shades were all ripped. The telephone did not work and the air conditioner did not work. They came and fixed both but the air conditioner broke again. They came in and replaced the air conditioner at midnight. We stayed one night because it was the only available place, but we cancelled the second night without even finding a place first. It was so bad we were willing to drive miles away to find a place.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank shychic79
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2006

For the price (about $40) it was great! The room was clean, the staff were helpful (and even great about giving directions to the lake and dinner), the location was right on a highway (so easy access), free morning coffee and pastry, etc. It is not a really nice hotel by any strech of the imagination, but for what I paid it was great. I plan on staying here again when I pass through.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank SheWhoWanders
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2005

I stayed here on Business for about three nights. There were fleas in the room and the remote control didn't work right. Also, I had no hot water and
they had to come fix it. The maids and staff were outside arguing and it was disruptive. The person working the front desk did take my letter and mailed it which was nice. I had to stay here becasue everything else was booked and it was $80 a night. Bare bones breakfast. I'd stay away.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business