“they stole 200 $ from me a month after my stay”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed August 5, 2010

i stayed at that hellhole for over a month and a half.my company footed the bill.some how
they got my debit card.and charged me 200 dollars a month after my stay.its funny because the weekely rate is 172.75 not 200$.i never gave them my card #.i dont know how they stole since my room was never cleaned.i had to wash my own sheets after working 12 hours a day in extreme heat.i am going to contact the better buisness bureau.i will call and ask too be reimbursed one more time.i might even call the cops.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank captporkchop

Reviewed May 3, 2009

Our keys to the room would not open the door, so an employee told us to leave for a while, leave the room unlocked and he would change the battery. We did NOT leave our room unlocked, but lock was not fixed when we returned. Told us to wait in that room while another was being "cleaned". My daughter and I used disinfectant wipes on the table, the sink, counter, stool, tub and bath floor. The wipes were filthy. Carpet was badly worn and dirty.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dissatisfied50
Reviewed March 10, 2009

This place puts the Econo in Econo Lodge. If you didn't like the HBO selections, the TV had little else to offer. No decent cable channels available. The breakfast was very poor; half a loaf of white bread, 3 cinnamon bscts, limited, limited, limited.

We knew coming in this was a basic place based on the rates, but this was our worst Econo Lodge experience. The first room had a broken toilet, so we had to move. Desk clerk was friendly and competent, and apologized for the room problem; I know that she had no control of the things we disliked. This was not a good value for the money.

I don't normally respond to review requests, as I think a lot of them are overly critical, but this one reached our limits. We had many years of traveling where Motel 6's and Super 8's were all that fit the budget, so I don't think we're overly picky about places, but . . ..

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lewis_und_Clark
Reviewed August 18, 2008

For starters it was a good thing I was using a FF Discount or I never would have stayed here.. Breakfast was cheap. Room sucked and I had an Emergency that had come up after 3pm and they would not let me out of my Reservation, it sure was a good thing the person did not pass away!!!!!!! I would not recommend anyone staying here again!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank beartrax
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We were in town for Tulip Time and needed a basic room for 2 nights. Well, that is just what this property is. We had a room on the first floor around the back #114. 2 beds, different sizes, maybe one was a full and the other a twin and 1/2. the heater/airconditioner unit below the window was sooo fithy I didn't want to look down inside. Our rate was 74.60 per night without taxes. We ate next door and the Boston Market (so so)for dinner and the Wooden Shoe for breakfast.(good). the front desk was courteous. Totally no frills anywhere.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank lori a
Reviewed February 28, 2008

There are not a lot of cheap lodging choices in this area. We had business in the area and just needed a place to sleep.
That's about all it is - a place to sleep.
Noisy, run-down, dark and creepy.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank justravlin
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Our car tire blew and forced a cheap stay overnight in Holland. My sister found Econolodge on-line, and I called in a reservation. Approaching the property, I encouraged my kids to play the "Sanford and Son" themesong on our I-Pod. From the outside, it's not the prettiest property. However, the room was decent enough and there were no signs of bed bugs! : )

There were noticeable amounts of hair on the bathroom floor, which creeped us out, and the room smelled like it had been goosed with Febreze. But the toilets, tub, sinks and beds seemed clean.

The continental breakfast was OK. Coffee was good. Orange juice, cold cereal, white bread and store-bought/lower-quality donuts. I've had better, but it was definitely better than having to go out for breakfast.

Given the choice of hotels, this wouldn't be my first, but it was decent for the money. In Holland, the other hotels were renting for $40-60 more per night.

Stayed: August 2007