“Quiet but close enough to town!”
Review of Cottonwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holland
Cottonwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Holland B&B and Inns
Wheaton, Illinois
“Quiet but close enough to town!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay! Clean, quiet, and great hosts! Liz made us feel at home. Breakfast was delicious - homemade quiche, sausages, fresh fruit, muffins, juice, coffee and served by Liz! Located in a quiet wooded area...only about a 10 minute drive to downtown Holland....the perfect blend of "get away" and comfort!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thanks for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was wonderful to meet you two. Maybe some day it will work for you to come back. Best, Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2014

There is a reason this place is so highly rated... because it is fantastic! My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Cottonwood Inn and I must say that we absolutely enjoyed every minute of our 3 day stay. The hosts (Liz and Don) were amazing, helpful, generous, friendly and just a joy to be around, and the breakfast was incredible. There is nowhere I would rather have spent my honeymoon with my wife, I can't imagine having spent it anywhere else, and we both look forward to returning again! Thank you!

Room Tip: The John Calvin room is the roomiest, but there are plenty of great areas outside of the rooms to re...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thanks for your kind remarks. I thoroughly enjoyed having you two stay and wish you God's blessings on your lives together. Best, Liz
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had made an error regarding booking, so this isn't a review regarding the place, though it seems great! All that to say, they (Liz) were very helpful and understanding regarding my error, looking into what could be done through air bnb to help me out. I really appreciated their courtesy and kindness through it, so wanted to write a review!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kim F
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Liz is so friendly and the breakfast was amazing! I love the shampoo it smells so great. It's the perfect place to relax, I feel recharged, we are definitely coming back in the summer. Even my husband loved it (sports watching, beer drinking kind of guy).

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Angela, It was great to have you and your hubby stay. We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves. Looking forward to your return in the summer if it works out. Best, Liz
Montrose, Michigan
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Cottonwood is a charming retreat in the beautiful town if Holland, MI. Liz, the innkeeper, is so gracious and welcoming. Cottonwood Inn is impeccably clean, yet warm and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The first morning we had Belgian waffles loaded with fresh strawberries, sausage on the side. The second morning we had a blueberry cream cheese French toast bake with bacon on the side. Snacks, coffee, water, tea were always available and orange juice with breakfast. Holland offers plenty to do, we enjoyed a day of resale shopping and didn't even have enough time to stop at all the shops or any antique stores! We did visit the Holland Museum and was given a private guided tour by Bob- it was wonderful. The downtown is true Norman Rockwell-esque with lots of shops, boutiques, and eateries. We'd love to return to Cottonwood Inn again and again!

• Stayed February 2014
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed January 19, 2014

There is nothing better than waking up to fresh brewed coffee, a hot fire, and great conversation with Liz the innkeeper. All the little extras did not go unnoticed, from dinner and shopping recommendations and information of the areas main attractions. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, peaceful beautiful home, the kindness heartfelt. I would highly recommend the Cottonwood Inn and can't wait to go back!! Jayne

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Jayne, It was great to meet you and have you stay with us. So glad you enjoyed your time here. Looking forward to seeing you again some day if it works out. Liz
Garden City
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the cozy John Calvin room, complete with a comfortable bed, fireplace and private bath. The room offers a quaint setting inside and the house offers a larger relaxing gathering area. Liz, the owner, is sweeter than seems real, accomdating and very helpful in suggesting locations and restaurants to visit. It is conveniently located close to the water and lighthouse. My stay was outstanding!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carolyn, The pleasure was all mine. I truly enjoyed having you stay. Blessings to you! Liz