“Cozy, comfortable, delicious!”
Review of Cottonwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holland
Cottonwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Holland B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a wonderful b & b at a price that can not be beat! The bed was super comfortable, breakfast was spectacular, and Liz is the sweetest host you could ever hope for!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Dkatt
There are newer reviews for Cottonwood Inn

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just returned from the Cottonwood Inn this very afternoon and I'm already looking forward to returning later this summer when I have another wedding in Holland, MI. My only regrets are not having time for breakfast this morning and that I wasn't able to spend more time at the inn. Honestly it's about as close to a perfect B&B as we have found.

The house is very cozy and rustic but with lots of nice, comfortable spaces to relax. The 3 season porch was fabulous even on a warmer summer day. We stayed in the John Calvin, which was very large and spotless every single day. The two breakfasts we did get to enjoy were to die for as were the cookies left out for us. There are also cold beverages and bags of chips available free of charge throughout the day. Liz is very friendly and welcoming and when I was having issues with the wifi, her son gladly came out to help me out. The only negative thing was the lighting by both mirrors (bathroom and dresser in the bedroom) was very dark, so I ended up standing by the window doing most of my makeup. But it's fine for everything else.

A couple notes that I haven't seen mentioned on here yet - there are no tvs in the inn, though we did not miss them. There are a few games, a public computer, and a large selection of Christian books to look at, if you need something to do and didn't bring your own laptop or books. In the John Calvin room the bedroom and bathroom are only separated by a wall, so if you have privacy issues I would pick another room. It didn't bother us but I can see how it might bother others.

1  Thank sabinebaby
Reviewed June 27, 2012

When going to a B & B I think we all look for different things, but we mostly hope to find the feel of warmth, comfort and overall peacefulness. All of the qualities happen when you arrive. The Innkeeper Liz, greets you with a smile and you get the feeling she wants your stay to be memorable and she goes the extra mile to help you plan your stay. The breakfast was very good and I enjoyed the baked cookies with some hot tea in the afternoon. There are a wide range of great things to do and being so close to everything was a "big" plus. This stay was worth every minute and makes the advertising that we always see come true.... so make sure you "Come to Michigan" and Liz will make you feel right at home.

1  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had the most wonderful time. Liz is the most gracious host. IShe made us feel like we were home. Her wonderful meals and the warmth of the home were just amazing. They are like family. Take a trip and relax and enjoy the company and the town. Cannot wait to return to a new home away from home. I highly recommend cannot say enough wonderful things about the Inn and the family. Thank you sooo much.

Room Tip: Rooms are all beautiful. Warm and charming.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cottonwood Inn, and our only regret was not booking for the entire weekend. This place was amazing. Liz, our host is the kindest person we have ever met. The home is gorgeous, with a rustic & cozy feel. The room (John Calvin) was immaculate. I even took a nap, which I NEVER do. The atmosphere is SO relaxing. There is a peace in this home that can't be explained in words. We had dinner at The Piper (waterfront), which is a short drive away with great food, and service. If you are looking for a truly wonderful experience, you can't go wrong with the Cottonwood Inn. Perfection :)

Reviewed June 7, 2012

What a special treat our stay was! The home which is not that old is very unique with its rustic wooden beams and trim, a beautiful fire place, and cozy wood stoves, nestled in a beautiful area just out of Downtown Holland. Don and Liz have given it an atmosphere all its own; inviting, spacious, calming and richly seasoned with Christian kindness. The bed was so comfortable (the linens luxurious indeed), and the food superb. No one will regret choosing this B&B for there special getaway!

1  Thank Elina V
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a wonderfull stay there. Sorry we could not stay longer. Made some new friends with Liz and Don Deater. Christian home. Would recommend it to every one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family