“Family Hotel outside Holland”

Holiday Inn Express Holland
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We spend a weekend here and the hotel is located outside downtown Holland and to get there (or any where) you will need to drive. It is located very close to the Dutch Village though. The hotel is family friendly with a swimming pool and a gaming area. The pool is open until 10.30pm for kids and after that for adults only. Although we did not have much interaction with the staff, they were friendly at check in and at breakfast. Breakfast is simple but included in the rate. The room was equipped with a micro wave, coffee maker and mini fridge (no safe) and it was clean. The hotel was a bit noisy with all the kids running around and the walls seem to be thin. Overall I would stay here again, but would prefer a hotel closer to downtown Holland. For the location and the amenities I thought it was quite expensive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guest72
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Holland

Reviewed September 18, 2011

The HIE in Holland was an excellent choice. We attended a wedding on Sept. 10 and spent two nights there. Room and bath were very clean as was the breakfast area. Some of the other guests stayed at a modern hotel downtown and were very unhappy with their choice. Parking, business area (for printing boarding passes) and lobby were above average for HIE
The hotel was full with a college sports team there at the same time and things were very quiet. Front desk very friendly and capable (allowed late checkout) and helpful info. If we had one complaint it would be the slow elevator - but hey with everything else extrordinarly good this is a minor problem.

Room Tip: Don't really think there is a bad one -quiet all the way around.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boydog
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I reserved this hotel for our 3 day stay in Holland Mi for their annual Tulip Festival. I was a little hesitant as I have stayed in other Holiday Inn Express and was not very impressed. This hotel was clean, the pool area great, the location convenient and the staff were super nice. The room was a good size and the bathroom was huge! The beds were pretty comfortable, for a hotel bed. The parking was very convenient also. I requested a first room floor for my family and my parents. I asked to be close to parking/exit and our room was right off the hall to the side parking area. The pool was just down the hall, but far enough that you did not get that chorline smell. I was very impressed with their continental breakfast, plenty of food including pancakes, eggs, sausage and biscuits, danish, cereal, 3 kinds of juice and plenty of coffee and tea. The prices in Holland are pretty expensive during the tulip festival so I realize the room rate is a bit steep for some, but at other times of the year the prices are lower. I would definitly reccomend this hotel for familes, singles and seniors!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool - ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank coop28Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and i took a weekend trip to Holland and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It was very clean and the room was perfect for us. They had a very nice breakfast complete with this very cool pancake machine. They had eggs, mini omletes, pancakes, sausage gravy, pastries, juices, coffee, teas, etc. The breakfast room was very large with seating inside and out. The pool looked nice altho we didn't use it. It was centrally located to the dutch village, and windmill gardens.. You weren't far from downtown or Saugatuck either. We enjoyed our stay. Oh yes, you even got a microwave and little refridge. Great for your cokes!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nanna5indiana
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I stopped in Holland Michigan, mostly because it was around half way between Mackinaw Island and our home in Bloomington Indiana. I found a decent deal at the Holiday Inn Express, and knowing that they have recently renovated most of their hotels, I figured it would be a nice nights sleep if nothing else.
The buidling itself is very attractive. It sits next to a few other hotels like the Hampton Inn, so there are plenty of eating establishments nearby in a mall and others. We decided to drive around 5 minutes to the beautiful downtown area, and enjoyed a nice meal outdoors and the New Holland Brewing Company. That evening, they had street performers downtown, so it was very entertaining. After dinner, we took a drive to the state park nearby on Lake Michigan, and had a nice walk on the beach.
The hotel itself I thought was brand new. I was surprised to hear it was 10 years old, that is how clean and well maintained they keep it.
They have a great indoor pool area, and a fantastic hot tub that is indoors and outdoor separated by those plastic strips you may find in a frozen food locker. Outside was a rock waterfall that fell into the hot tub. It was very relaxing. My wife was able to swim laps in the pool, and just loved it. Upstairs above the pool was a game area with video games etc. There was an outdoor balcony with several tables and chairs where people could go to enjoy the night air and perhaps enjoy an adult beverage. Speaking of that, each guest was given two coupons for adult beverages at a bar/restaurant next door inside the Hampton Inn. I thought that was a nice touch also.
The room itself was nice, typical Holiday Inn Express. But excellent bedding nowadays, great shower and a real comfortable nights sleep.
Breakfast was outstanding for a hotel breakfast. Scrambled eggs ( I think the real stuff) biscuits and gravy etc, was all very good.
The staff were also very professional and friendly. Did a great job of orienting us to the area, and making us feel welcome.
Overall, I would definately stay here again if I travel up to Michigan.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indijones
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was clean. Great pool for the grandkids, and game room. Nice variety of food for breakfast. Would recommend Tunnel Beach.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kate57_10
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel was a last minute stay. We actually walked in and to our delight they had a room avaliable with a king bed and non smoking!! The room we stayed in was very clean and spacious. The amenities were cool with a pool that was swimmalble to the outside as well as inside.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple