“Go for Breakfast if your in Holland Michigan”

Deboer Bakkerij & Dutch Brothers Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 232 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Go for Breakfast if your in Holland Michigan”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We really liked this place, great baked goods and above average breakfast. I liked the hippie hash and the "pancakes" were really good. The hot chocolate was a nice breakfast accompanyment for the kids. The service was very friendly though we did have to wait awhile. Nothing bad to say - give it a try !

• Visited August 2014

Holland, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never disappointing”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

de Boer's is our "go to" spot for breakfast and baked goods. Whether sitting down to enjoy a home-cooked meal or picking up amazing breads, muffins, cookies or bars, this bakery/restaurant does it right!

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had heard wonderful things about this quaint (but busy!) bakery, and we were definitely not disappointed. We seemed to get a few of everything, and we enjoyed every single baked item. The counter staff were extremely helpful, and even though the bakery was slammed with customers, they efficiently helped us with our order, getting us back on the road in little time.

Visited July 2014
Okemos
“Barely Blah”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Party of three. We all tried something different. I didn't get to try the Tomato Basil soup, because they were out for the day. By the time we arrived back to the hotel, I was pretty ill, and I'm pretty sure it was the Broccoli Cheese soup, because the broccoli was likely raw in the soup, which I hadn't considered. Some Imodium and I was right as rain after a couple hours. The grilled cheese was not melted in the middle of the sandwich, and challah doesn't really stand up to a sandwich very well. The chips were good. The coffee was terrible - more like coffee scented water. They tell you, oh, we make it here, but that is really not an indication of quality. Our son had the steak sandwich. I had two bites. He had the best meal out of the three of us. The steak was tender, cheese was melted and the peppers were sweet. Hubby had the Deluxe Roast Beef sandwich - he said the sandwiches I make him at home are better and have more flavor. We did stop at the bakery on the way out, I mean can you mess up baked goods? Evidently. I had a Pecan Sandie, which was very good. Hubby had a cherry turnover, and he says it was 'eh, okay, I guess'. The boy had a Raspberry Berliner, which he liked. I had a bite and it was decent. I don't know what all the raves are about this place. We didn't care for it and wished we had gone somewhere else. Cost, though not high, was way too expensive for what you get in volume, taste, and ambiance.

1 Thank SomethingCleverHere
Holland, Michigan
“Always high marks here!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We LOVE deBoers and have enjoyed both breakfast and lunch here many times - they never fail to deliver. This past Saturday was extremely busy, as usual, but once we were seated we were waited on promptly and our meals arrived quickly. Their in-house roasted coffee is wonderful, as are their lattes and cappuccinos. I'm always tempted to order their Hippie Hash but broke out of my mold this time and selected the Two Sisters...mmm! I have never eaten with anyone here who was dissatisfied with their choice - this time the others @ the table had the Dutch Delight, Breakfast Tacos, and Eggs Benedict - all fabulous. Other delicious choices we've tried are their Sugar Bread, Oma's Way omelet, & the DeZwann. If you'd like to try something from their bakery go for their Banket Almond Stick or Pig in a Blanket. YUM! Try deBoers - you'll be glad you did.