“Our favorite place”

Dining options: Breakfast
Milan, Michigan
“Our favorite place”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

In a 3 day visit, we had three meals here. It was that good! The entire staff was friendly and the food is traditional and all homemade. There is something on the menu for everyone. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, DO NOT leave without taking home some baked goods. The chocolate chip bread was fantastic!

Visited May 2014

Saint Cloud, Florida
“Meh”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am new to the Holland area and checked tripadvisor to find some of the best restaurants. I saw this one was rated #2. I went with my wife and our friend. It was very busy which we expected so that wasn't a problem. There is a bakery/gift shop area right when you walk in my wife picked out some items and proceeded to the registers. She waited while people getting baked good from behind the counter were rung up. The employee would then go back behind the counter to help another person, ignoring my wife. There was no line and she was just standing at the counter. Another woman was also waiting as she had chosen some items from the shop. Finally my wife asked one of the employees if someone would ring her up. It seems if you don't get something from behind the counter, you were overlooked. We got seated and we ordered. Our waiter was friendly I got a monte cristo made with French toast and the others got omelettes. The ordering is a la carte so you don't get any sides with your sandwich. My wife ordered Dutch potatoes as extra so we could share. Our waiter was rather slow to refill coffee. The food was average and nothing to write home about. The potatoes looked great but were dry inside. The service was pleasant but really slow I would come back only to try some of the baked goods but I probably wouldn't eat there again.

• Visited May 2014
Aurora, Illinois
“Worth visiting!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stopped for breakfast and found the service to be excellent, and the food very good. Although be prepared that the breakfast servings are quite large (especially corned beef hash plate). We also purchased bakery products to go. The bakery products are sensational.

• Visited April 2014
Michigan
“Authentic, local, original, fantastic!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Family owned, original dutch and truly fresh and good!. Prepare for a wait Saturday mornings!!!!!!! Bakery is the best..and if you want true Saucijzebroodjes (Pigs in a blanket the Dutch way!!!!!)

just the best

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank miker163
Michigan
“An Institution”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Deboer is the perfect mix of old school and new school. They make things the best, old-fashioned way, but they have a modern approach to the business where you can find them on FB or in their food truck at the Holland Farmer's market on Saturday mornings. It's a great place for breakfast and their bread and baked goods far surpass anything else. They even make cronuts now, which are really hard to find in Michigan!

Visited March 2014